GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of these kind of stallions that is. Supposed to try it out tomorrow. I like the idea of a 3/36k warranty, along with actual heat & air conditioning. :shrug: They just came out as of 3/5, with a blue real close to the 05 GL1800 bright blue metallic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
stalion

I got to test drive one of those in Billings, Montana at wing ding in 2007. I thought it was cool, I had a hard time getting used to looking through the windshield on it though, it was rounded so it seemed to change the clarity of it or something. We just got to cruise around the parking lot so no real world test.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
it should be a blast

weight to horsepower ratio like a high end vette

yet cheaper than a goldwing trike conversion

but, you will need to have a bag of chrome and leds along

they come without any of that stuff

R

·
0 Posts
it should be a blast

weight to horsepower ratio like a high end vette

yet cheaper than a goldwing trike conversion

but, you will need to have a bag of chrome and leds along

they come without any of that stuff
Not true. The standard Goldwing conversion is a couple thousand less than the Stallion.

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
Verdayne maybe u and Bulldog can team up and get a good deal on 2 just in time for catscade

·
Registered
871 Posts
I'll be looking for the report! We saw these at the Sunshine Mall this year and I wondered how they drive.

Gotta be a little strange with the steering wheel and all...

Lance

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Not true. The standard Goldwing conversion is a couple thousand less than the Stallion.
has anyone here spent less than $30,000 on a trike??

maybe a standard is less, but i have yet to see a standard

pretty much everyone i see is jazzed up and very $$$

·
Registered
19,062 Posts
No slam but I have riden one. Power was OK. Brakes were grabby but good, I could get use to in a good way. Wife riding on rear said the ride was WAY TOO ROUGH. End of story for me.

Turning was a blast/

I would rather have a CAnAM Spyder at half the price

·
Registered
514 Posts
Stallion test

I found it hard to get in and out of and felt that it would be driven, not ridden. Personally, I'd take the money and buy a convertable.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
32,995 here in vegas, and they are hard to get in and out of. Guy told me thier coming out with a convertible top also. Trailer hitch is included in price. Says they have a top speed around 140. I'm 5'8 and I didn't like the seating for the curved windshield. It's like an 3X tulsa tall. Good looking and an excellent finish. We saw the yellow and candy black cherry. Saw a silver one at bike fest before they were released

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
No slam but I have riden one. Power was OK. Brakes were grabby but good, I could get use to in a good way. Wife riding on rear said the ride was WAY TOO ROUGH. End of story for me.

Turning was a blast/

I would rather have a CAnAM Spyder at half the price
thats funny

i rode a can am spyder and couldnt wait to get back to the dealer and get off the thing

i hated it

·
Registered
19,062 Posts
Spyder doesn't ride correctly for liberals

R

·
0 Posts
has anyone here spent less than $30,000 on a trike??

maybe a standard is less, but i have yet to see a standard

pretty much everyone i see is jazzed up and very $$$
My thoughts came after talking to a new Stallion dealership here in town yesterday. They wanted 30,000 for the basic 08 Goldwing conversion and 32,000 for the Stallion.

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
if i had to choose it would forsure be a Spyder, great machine at half the price, it would be fantastic for local trips

Spyder is probably not what Verdayne would be interested in, but i bet Carol would love it

·
Registered
19,062 Posts
My thoughts came after talking to a new Stallion dealership here in town yesterday. They wanted 30,000 for the basic 08 Goldwing conversion and 32,000 for the Stallion.
Steve where is that Honda and Stallion dealership you speak of in Houston

·
Registered
596 Posts
To me it looks like a "Lookie what I got toy". I agree, hard to get in and out of. For that kind of money, plus puttin in a cb and some farkles, you would be close to 35k.

Take the $ and buy a nice used sporty drop top car. If ya need a/c,heat and a steering wheel buy a car. This machine takes away the true sense and feeling of motorcycling. And they say they are making a top for it, gimmie a break.

IMHO, I would not even consider this a trike.

B

·
0 Posts
When I first got into a Stallion the first thing that bugged me is that it spreads your legs pretty wide. Wife was looking at one until she saw the cost. Supposed to be pretty quick. Does not come with much so the adds will be pricey. JMO

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
You could put a cb in it for a hundred bucks. Now the bose sound system might be alot more:lol:

So Verdayne, where's your'e ride report? He must have bought it and is still out riding

1 - 20 of 23 Posts