GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Conspicuous ? In cold weather you're gonna see me coming three states a way. Wifey got me a 30* below, Hunter Orange, pair of insulated coveralls from Wear Guard. I'll have zippers put on the regular front pockets as the inside pocket material is thin but other than that, Old Man Winter......Bring it on !!

Bradford

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Come on lets see some pics. :lol:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yeah! wheres the pics... how are they for abrasion (get off?)

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
blaze orange causes retina degeneration... :wink:

I have a fleece sweatshirt in that color that I use when I ride. You know, when you've parked the bike and walk across the street from the hotel to the saloon --- the cars won't hit you when you stagger back later...

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I have a Adiddas jacket that is the same color. I do wear it on occassion. It is a very warm fleece jacket. I have wondered about the abrasion protection you would get from it. (probably zero).

On the orange wing it makes the whole thing look like one big Pumpkin :lol: :lol:

I wore it while on the Vulcan and Joyce made the statement that it really stood out on that one.

Ross

·
Registered
792 Posts
People can't see a train going down the tracks, what make's you think that they can see you on a motorcycle?

Be safe

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
JR&JR said:
People can't see a train going down the tracks, what make's you think that they can see you on a motorcycle?

Be safe
Exactly right, but anything that helps us feel a little better is worth it. If just one person does in fact see it and they stop because of it, just maybe it was worth it. :wink: :wink:

Riding a motorcyle this time of year around here is especially a little more dangerous because cage drivers are not expecting to see some idiot (me) on a motorcyle... :wink: :wink: But I have fun anyway just try to put the odds more in my favor... Bright colors plus slowing down and being more aware of my surroundings.

Ross

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually , I ain't quite right. I just like making people look at me. Let's call this personal growth on my part, being able to admit my short comings and all.

As big as I am, with this thing on, it's gotta scare most folks into a flight and avoidance mode.

Lori chose the color for my night riding exposure as much as anything. The stares during the day will just trip my trigger.

As far as abrasion resistant, on a scale of 1 to 10 with Carharts being an 8 lets call these a 6. Stout enough to offer some protection but worn through the outside duck material in a 40 ft slide on terra-asphalt

Bradford

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
We have all heard and seen the BIG YELLOW BIRD...now comes the BIG ORANGE BIRD!

I wear bright colors as well. May be we should start our own club???? LOL

What shall we call it???????

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Arn Butt Bill said:
Bradford,
Ummmm, has anybody, ummmm, just maybe, said, ummmm, that you look like an escaped convict in that outfit? :wink:

Convict? "Ride it Like Ya Stole It"!! I see full length movie concept floating to the surface here!

Bill, you know people in high places, call Dawn. She can play my kick ass grandma!

Bradford

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It better be colder than the first one Ross. Just putting the thing on for 5 minutes toasted me up.

Bradford

·
Registered
499 Posts
I think it's looks like you might be one of the shuttle crew!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts