GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My regular riding gloves were getting kind of thin. Sure, they were black leather and looked the part, but the leather seemed thin enough to me that they wouldn't last all that long were I to slide down the road on them.
On a recent Costco trip, I noticed three-packs of Wells-Lamont gloves (good heavy leather work gloves) for $18. This is for three pair!
No, they're not black, but that just make my hands more visible should I need to provide some visual cue to the idiot in the cage that invariably needs my lane more than me.
Since the colder weather is (now and then) upon us here in Denver, I've slipped in a pair of cotton liners. Combine this with the heated grips and all is well. These work wonderfully and sure fit the budget.
Happy motoring.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SPF 0 said:
My concern would be how easily the gloves would get pulled off your hands if you had a spill.
I'll recognize that as a valid concern, but.... not all motorcycling gloves that are available come equipped with either cinch strap or hook-and-loop tightening systems / methods.
My former daily riding gloves (made specifically for motorcycling) had neither.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts