·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basic Start:
2002 1800 48200 miles, $2,500 accesories, No dings or problems
2007 1800 12000 miles, No accesories, No dings or problems

Trade difference $6,000.

Good deal/ Bad deal/ Either way...depends on what you want???

Seems to be a sellers market in the used bike area right now. Several dealers I've spoken with say they cant' keep them on the floor. Last place we were at they even had bikes as far back as the 80's on the floor. Lots of used and two new one's, times are changing.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
as far as a deal goes, its pretty decent

the nice thing about the 07, would be a warranty, and the ability to add 4 more years to it, for about $100 a year

·
Registered
472 Posts
Go with the 07. No frame issues, recalls, you'll have lighted switches, and most likely as stated, the chance to purchase extended warranty.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
6000 dollars to get into the same bike doesn't seem like a good deal to me. The 02 doesn't have a lot of miles....Gold Wings are 300K bikes. The only real advanged the 07 has over the 02 is the redesigned frame, but for 6 grand I would take my chances with the 02 frame and hope Honda would still cover it if it cracked out of warranty like they have been so far. I would save that 6 grand for when Honda comes out with the next model Gold Wing and ride my 02 until then.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
If I read this correctly it is not a choice between purchasing an 02 or an 07. It is trading his 02 for an 07 with 6k to boot. Not a bad choice in my mind. The added warranty and a new ride is good. I woul see about keeping any acc. that you want if possible.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
6000 dollars to get into the same bike doesn't seem like a good deal to me. The 02 doesn't have a lot of miles....Gold Wings are 300K bikes. The only real advanged the 07 has over the 02 is the redesigned frame, but for 6 grand I would take my chances with the 02 frame and hope Honda would still cover it if it cracked out of warranty like they have been so far. I would save that 6 grand for when Honda comes out with the next model Gold Wing and ride my 02 until then.
:agree: Unless you're looking for some specific features (foot warmer, heated seat, GPS etc) or a "blank slate" for the thrill of accesorizing!! :lol: Personally if it were me I'd keep the '02 that I spent time and money getting the way I liked it..

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
:agree: Unless you're looking for some specific features (foot warmer, heated seat, GPS etc) or a "blank slate" for the thrill of accesorizing!! :lol: Personally if it were me I'd keep the '02 that I spent time and money getting the way I liked it..

:agree:

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I went from an 02 with 37,000 miles on it and a lot of accessories and no problems to a new 08 for $5,000, If would do it every time if I could get a bike 6 years newer and a 3 year warranty for $5,000.00. Half the fun of a new bike is putting all the stuff on it. It gives my wife and kids things to buy me for my birthday and holidays. Plus the newer bikes you won't worry about the frame issue or over heating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts