GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another board I use (not motorcycle related) they have a stickied thread for buyers and sellers feedback good or bad. It's very helpful for both parties when dealing with sales of used items. Due to the recent example of a seller/buyer related problem(s) a thread for posting positive experiences or one for warning of non paying buyers ect would be a useful tool for forum users. No it wouldn't be about airing out a laundry list or personal gripes either so for those who say a thread like that would not be useful it wouldn't be meant for starting pissing contests. But a pat on the back for a good seller or buyer is nice to see not to mention building a positive reputation and experience. Also what's wrong with warning members based on actual sales experiences if you have a negative one which happens rarely I believe. Members here wouldn't have to go into a transaction blind and not knowing what to expect if a thread like that existed. Just a thought for the admin of the board. Users are good about policing the boards I'm on so if something was to get out of hand a simple post report could easily handle any problem should one occur. Thoughts from other board members???

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
if you sell on forum you can ask buyer to rate you on itrader section . dont no if other sites have / do

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
You'll notice above the person's avatar there is a feedback score there for such a thing.

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
:roll::roll::roll:AND YOU GOT ONE TOO;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is a two way street. The buyer may be shady too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have bought and sold some items on this board (all positive, great bunch) and always used the feedback option, along with asking the other half to do the same. Great tool. ;)

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I have literally bought and sold over 100 items on this forum . Never , not once have I been disappointed . Heck I find most sellers undersell there item . Meaning it's better than they described. Now I have been on the web and many forums for many ,many years . Not all forums are like this one . We ride expensive bikes , aka not kids . Most are older , upscale riders . I have nothing but great things to day about the members here . There are a few that like to argue , but as far as selling and buying this place rocks .

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have also sold and bought many items off this board sometimes the seller has shipped to me before receiving payment Now that is the trust of this board we are Goldwingers and as stated before older people that are trust worthy

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Most of my deals the money and the product has crossed paths. Lately a lot of people want to see the money first.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I too have brought & sold many items on here & other that my experience with "Joe Cat" (old timers know you this is) 99% have gone well..but I do feel that some courtesy should be given by the buyers & sellers.

1. If someone makes the seller an offer & the seller doesn't want to take the offer...simply say "thanks but no thanks"...don't go into a rant & start accusing someone of putting someone up to making a lower offer.

2. If you are the buyer & you get a guess from the seller of the shipping cost (which is only a guess until the item is shipped) & you have agreed to pay shipping cost..don't try to beat the seller out of the money you agreed to pay.

3. The buyer should understand that when you ask for a lower price & then ask for free shipping, you are asking for the seller to cut the price twice.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I too have brought & sold many items on here & other that my experience with "Joe Cat" (old timers know you this is) 99% have gone well..but I do feel that some courtesy should be given by the buyers & sellers.

1. If someone makes the seller an offer & the seller doesn't want to take the offer...simply say "thanks but no thanks"...don't go into a rant & start accusing someone of putting someone up to making a lower offer.

2. If you are the buyer & you get a guess from the seller of the shipping cost (which is only a guess until the item is shipped) & you have agreed to pay shipping cost..don't try to beat the seller out of the money you agreed to pay.

3. The buyer should understand that when you ask for a lower price & then ask for free shipping, you are asking for the seller to cut the price twice.
Good valid points .

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Out of the close to 300 items I've sold or bought on this board ,I've only ever had a problem with two of those transactions. I've sent out stuff with no money up front and I've had things sent out to me with no money up front.

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
Well I have sold thousands of steering stem tools on this board and everyone I have dealt with has been GREAT !!! I have also bought a bunch of stuff from board members and have always been very well satisfied. BUT the thread about the good member going bad well I thought it got kinda ugly a couple times, I think whoever deleted it did the right thing, Hopefully things get worked out so both the buyer and seller are satisfied . :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
The only problem I have encountered with iTrader (I think it's a good idea BTW) is that several times recently I have gone to give positive feedback to a Seller only to find out that they deleted their ad as soon as the item was sold. You can't leave feedback without having the URL for the item. I'd just ask that if you are selling an item to not pull your ad down too quickly. Leave time for ratings to be exchanged between the buyer and seller.

·
Read Only
853 Posts
The only problem I have encountered with iTrader (I think it's a good idea BTW) is that several times recently I have gone to give positive feedback to a Seller only to find out that they deleted their ad as soon as the item was sold. You can't leave feedback without having the URL for the item. I'd just ask that if you are selling an item to not pull your ad down too quickly. Leave time for ratings to be exchanged between the buyer and seller.
Ditto. +1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.