GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, folks in this silent forum.

I'm looking for body repair of a couple of rust spots in a '99 Expedition, and spot paint (white). Know of anyone? To be done in the next two weeks.

I'm open to a shade tree mechanic, voc school, small proprietor, or decent regular shop. Fair price for solid work, with the intent of stopping the bleeding (i.e. rusting) rather than making it look like new again. I was going to Bondo it myself but there's a spot in the rocker panel that needs a bit of metal tacked in, and I'm light on metal bending equipment here.

I'll ride home on my Goldwing after dropping it off, so I don't feel too bad about posting here on this board. Plus I'll be entertained if anyone even reads this forum.

I'm in Bethesda but happy to travel well away from here. I need to get out and complete my tour of the county capitals anyway for the Strange Election, and it will be a bonus to get away from all these jacked up prices for fender benders on Mercedes SUVs.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Body shop

Hi, folks in this silent forum.

I'm looking for body repair of a couple of rust spots in a '99 Expedition, and spot paint (white). Know of anyone? To be done in the next two weeks.

I'm open to a shade tree mechanic, voc school, small proprietor, or decent regular shop. Fair price for solid work, with the intent of stopping the bleeding (i.e. rusting) rather than making it look like new again. I was going to Bondo it myself but there's a spot in the rocker panel that needs a bit of metal tacked in, and I'm light on metal bending equipment here.

I'll ride home on my Goldwing after dropping it off, so I don't feel too bad about posting here on this board. Plus I'll be entertained if anyone even reads this forum.

I'm in Bethesda but happy to travel well away from here. I need to get out and complete my tour of the county capitals anyway for the Strange Election, and it will be a bonus to get away from all these jacked up prices for fender benders on Mercedes SUVs.
I can heartily recommend a shop here in Kansas if you would like a bit of a drive for the repair!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can heartily recommend a shop here in Kansas if you would like a bit of a drive for the repair!
I'll be passing through! Too bad they can't do it on a drive through basis. I hear Manhattan KS is lovely this time of year, but our schedule just doesn't permit a long stop for the Bondo to set.

I want to get this done before I send the car off with my kid to Los Angeles. Perhaps there's another helpful person / wisecracker there or in the California forum, and LA could be in play. :wink2:

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Kansas this time of year

I'll be passing through! Too bad they can't do it on a drive through basis. I hear Manhattan KS is lovely this time of year, but our schedule just doesn't permit a long stop for the Bondo to set.

I want to get this done before I send the car off with my kid to Los Angeles. Perhaps there's another helpful person / wisecracker there or in the California forum, and LA could be in play. :wink2:
I'd say you are misinformed. Manhattan is not a great place this time of year unless you like thunderstorms, high temperatures and high humidity with a tornado or two thrown in.

However, I did read your post in the ever-so-quiet Maryland forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts