GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Can anyone comment on this particular shield from JCWhitney?

I'm considering ordering one and looking it over. If nothing else, I'll only be out several dollars in shipping fees to return it...

·
Registered
21,132 Posts
heck as close as you guys are from JC whitney why not hop on the wing ride over to Lasalle and check it out?

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
cycledude said:
heck as close as you guys are from JC whitney why not hop on the wing ride over to Lasalle and check it out?
I suppose that I could, but with the price of gas the way it is (there's a whole new discussion in itself), I'll think I'll just let FedEx take care of that for me.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
it looks good....my question is it adjustable or a fixed height??

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i hope for your sake you prove me wrong

but pretty much every item i have ever seen from whitney is sold there for a reason. either cheap materials to begin with, cheaply made, factory seconds, or just plain not what i would call quality stuff.

buyer beware

loren

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Good news is that its the Show Chrome windshield that Directline sells under that name. Bad news is JCW says it's an error and wants $120 for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
uneasyrider said:
Good news is that its the Show Chrome windshield that Directline sells under that name. Bad news is JCW says it's an error and wants $120 for it.

TOOOOO late, I already ordered one at $49 :lol:

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's a Show Chrome windshield and I just ordered mine on line. Wasn't comtemplating one this year but at that price. Thanks for the info.
Randy F
'02 Silver ABS

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
uneasyrider said:
If its an error, then they need to either change the price or pull the page.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
The first time I called on the phone, when I saw the post below mine I went back and ordered one online, sailed right through. It is still on thier site tonight so even if it is an error I'll take one.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Just got a call from JCWhitney. It is on back-order with an expected date of April 8th. Plus, they are refusing to honor the on-line price.

But the page is still on-line, showing it at $49.95.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mrgl02 said:
Just got a call from JCWhitney. It is on back-order with an expected date of April 8th. Plus, they are refusing to honor the on-line price.

I smell lawsuit :lol:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Javern said:
mrgl02 said:

I smell lawsuit :lol:
It is probably just as well, that JCW refuses to honor their own listed prices. I truly wanted a Clearview with a vent anyway.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I live about 10 miles from JCW, and go there on weekends to check out the 'return' room. Some of the stuff is good, and some is totally trashed in shipping. They had some returned headlights there last week that the glass was all broken. Some items they sell are name brand, but they don't show it in the mag. You don't know until you receive it. Items in the return room generally go for half price of new. I've been tempted to buy something, then send it back, and go to the room and buy it back for 1/2 price. :lol:

I've seen w'shields there in the boxes, but figured they were the style that you add to cruisers. I'll have to start checking them out a little closer.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
I called JCW on Monday morning and made it clear, in no uncertain terms, that I DO NOT want the windshield at the higher price, and to cancel the order.

This morning, I received a call from JCW asking me if I still wanted the windshield at $119.98... :cus:

I told the lady this morning that I had called and asked that it be cancelled yesterday. She replied "Well, it is marked to be cancelled, but the order hasn't been delivered to the cancellations department. I'll walk it over there now." :banghead:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts