GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2004 Black Goldwing today ... man does it look sharp, especially with that chrome for contrast :) Unfortunately, rain moved in about time we're heading out from the dealer. Took a short ride in light rain and then headed home to pour over my new toy learning about all of the controls and features of this rocket ship while watching it rain outside my garage door. Tomorrow is suppose to be sunny and in the 50's .........perfect chance to really get out and ride and get properly introduced to my new sweetheart. It looks like my Valk Interstate's big brother sitting in the garage next to her. Love the Valk but the Wing is my new honey and I'll be partaking tomorow of some might fine nectar .........

By the way I need a different mount for my StreetPilot III (the one used on the Valk won't fit) and I'm wondering what's a good replacement that won't tear apart the Wings handlebars but stay secure. I think I saw a thread on this on the tech board that I'll follow.

Donnie

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well;

1-) Congratulations on your choice of bike!!!

2-) I feel for you. :wink: Rain on the first day is saddening but sunny days are not that far away :D

3-) Same here like you, covered and left the 99 Valkyrie Interstate in the garage and enjoying 04 Wing...

4-) Get ready another shopping spree :roll:

5-) For your GPS you've got to go to www.ram-mount.com

Other than that enjoy your bike and ride safe... :wink:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome aboard! My wifes 2000 Valkyrie Interstate left the garage yesterday morning. She purchased a 04 Goldwing in December and thought to keep the Valkyrie. She realized the Valkyrie was not ridden at all during that time. So she deceided it was best for the bike to sell it. She was litterly sick to see someone show up with cash in hand.

What type of mount were you using on your Valkyrie? If it was a Ram handlebar mount (with u-bolt), you can disreguard the u-bolt and use longer bolts through to the clutch or brake perch. Just pop off the black cap on your choice of sides.

·
Registered
188 Posts
donnie..did you get the propper seperation papers for your valk ??? :lol: you do know that your valk will take this personally...you know like bringing your girlfriend home to introduce her to the wife type of deal :cus:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today was Better

Got out today and finally put a couple of hundred miles on the new Wing. I'm so impressed ...... what a dream machine.

Jim .... You are right about the shopping spree ... unfortunately this time I started right off the mark with lots of extras from dealer.

Wingman .... I do have the RAM U mount so I'll give your suggestion a try.

Howie .... so true .... When I pulled in the garage after 200 + miles on the new Wing I feel the knives in my back from the Valk sitting in the corner. I too will probably sell her but least it will be a civil separation :)

Donnie

·
Registered
317 Posts
When you use the mount and not the u-bolt, you will need a small spacer. It is maybe 3/8" long. Goes between the ball mount and the perch. Ram sells these as a kit. Two spacers and two longer bolts. I looked at some old paperwork and I think the kit is GCGWB.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Had dem Valk too

I had a Tourer,and a Interstate,did't think it could get better than this.I was intrigued by the wings looks,and after reading this board,just had to get one.Like night and day.After you ride this wing,it makes you want to get back on the Valkyrie,and run it in to a tree. :D

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found the Mount I needed

Ed ... You are right on ... I found it about the same time I saw your post. I got it from CycleGagets - Part number RCB-EZY-504 .... Thanks

Purple Haze .... Yep ... didn't think I would ever say it but now that I've been on the Wing the Valk does indeed drive like a Tank ..... but a very nice tank I might add :)

Donnie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts