GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im out of here. Too cold and too wet. And that white stuff is on the way. Im heading out Monday am. Going back to Tampa to work for the Winter and maybe longer. I will be back in June for the world famous Cats-Cade.Could not miss that. Bulldog said the weather will be great. I will be off-line for a week or so.

Glenn

Wish I could post a pic of 38 ft. motorhome with a 24 ft. trailer with the Wing on front and a Durango on back.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Safe trip Glenn!!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Buster & Alma,

Safe journey and good luck getting settled in once again.

Will be looking for you in June.

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
Be careful. I need someone to buy me a cup of coffee. Give me a call when you get down here and have some time!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Have a safe trip, Glenn. We'll save some snow for you!

Becky

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good Luck

The weather is great! I'm an ex-NYer (miss my Chinatown food) but love the weather here! Have a safe trip.
Harold
Palm Harbor, FL - next to Tampa

·
Registered
302 Posts
You Wimp, You Coward, You Baby, "It's too cold out", "It's too wet", "That white stuff is coming", so what, be a man.

Put a shirt on sometimes and you might be a little drier and warmer. Stop your whining, it's not that bad up in the Northeast, so it rains a lot, and it snows a lot, and it's windy and cold, and there are lots of potholes in the roads, and then there is sand all over the roads saturated with salt.

Get over it, it's not that bad, besides, we're all nice people up here. Buster, don't go, we miss you already. Florida, is an awful place, it's sunny, the roads are smooth, it's warm. And they don't want you back.

OK, on a serious note, take care and be careful on your trip. Hope to see you in June.

BigUgly

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Happiness is seeing New York City in the rear view mirror.

Did that June 24, 1964, and been grinning ever since.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
IR Harry said:

Did that June 24, 1964, and been grinning ever since.
Good one...never liked NYC...now New York outside of NYC...lovely

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
IR Harry said:
Years ago I was doing a job in NYC; I told one of the guys that worked there that NYC "was a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live here". A couple of weeks later you-know-what hit the fan and I heard from my boss. The guy had been highly offended by my comment and had called my company and complained! :evil:

DANG! To each his own, I say. But nowadays, when I have to go into NYC I just do my job and get out; I sure don't want them finding out I don't envy them! :roll:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Dang mean your are coming back> I thought we were through with you until Cats-cade.

Be careful and who knows I ride over for a cut of coffee if you will promise to put a shirt on

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Im not much for cold and snow... hate it actually.. But I grew up in ND and you couldn't drag me back to a small community. I need culture, I love the arts, the Five star resturants, museums, the plays, the incredible beaches.. and the list goes on. Ohhh how I dislike Snow and cold ..... except when I choose to visit it, not when it wants to visit me.

W

·
0 Posts
Joseph said:
I need culture, I love the arts, the Five star resturants, museums, the plays, the incredible beaches.. and the list goes on.
What amount of annual income is needed to support this much fun ????

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
<Sigh>

Least you picked a decent weekend to go. Looks like this will be our last decent weekend (read: temps above 60) for the year.

Hey Bulldog... I've been meaning to ask: Do you ski? :lol:

Just imagine both of us on the "Why Not" diamond run at Ski Windham. The mountain would never be the same.

:lol:
Tom

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Wi Winger.... I dont know, I guess that depends in where you live, apt, home, condo, car you drive, etc. My son lives 1/2 mile from me and makes it on 50 grand a year.

As an example the pagent of the masters runs 20 bucks a ticket.. Thats hardly a big cost yet people travel from all over the world to see it.. The beach costs... well how much beer do you need? As far as home costs... well, mine has gone up so much that even if the market falls 25% I will be ahead of the game 500,000. So Im not entirely sure how a person figures out the exact cost to living in a particular area. Wages are relative to the area to some extent arent they?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Big Ugly, you have such a way with words. Next Cats-Cade im not even removing my shirt to shower. Then HEDO can take another pic of me with a wet shirt.

Thanks to all that responded. Did 500 miles today and my sick wife said thats enough. Weather was great but the hills suck. 275 hp is not enough for the load im carring.

Thanks,
Glenn

Aint this board GOOD....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts