GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're planning a West Trip next summer, want to go to Glacier, Yellowstone, etc, etc. We will be coming through northern North Dakota. It's a long stretch through eastern Montana. Anyone know of a good place to camp between Wolf Point and Havre, Montana on US 2?

·
Registered
645 Posts
(coming through northern North Dakota.)

:shrug: where are you starting from road's you will
be running, time frame, etc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will be coming from Bottineau, ND and coming across Montana on US 2, looking for somewhere to camp on the way to Glacier.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I too am planning a very long ride this summer and will be camping as often as possible. I'm trying to use KOA as often as they exist along the way.

There is a KOA a short way off of the 2 just south east of Minot, Nd.

5261 Higway 52 East
Minot, ND.

Here's a link:

http://www.koa.com/where/nd/34102/

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

http://www.jimnlyn.com

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I too am planning a very long ride this summer and will be camping as often as possible. I'm trying to use KOA as often as they exist along the way.

There is a KOA a short way off of the 2 just south east of Minot, Nd.

Right--we also like to stay at KOAs, too, but we'll be staying at Lake Metigoshe State Park up on the Canadian border, its about 70 miles NE of Minot. What we are looking for is something about halfway in between there and Glacier NP. Have looked on the internet for some places to camp, but it doesn't look like there's too much, a few RV parks that just don't look very nice. I was just hoping there was someone out there who has camped somewhere in that area!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, doesn't sound too bad. Will have to consider it--there's not much to pick from! Thanks for looking!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts