GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Has to be faked. Everyone knows you can't lean like that on one of those flat tires. :lol::yes1:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
See there it is proof. You all do run on the edge. You are gonna crash and kill yourself.

That is what my tire prints are based on, the time I pulled your chains.

Thing is it is all not important as the CT will grip better anyway, a MC tire will for sure spin out before any CT does. The better rubber compound simply compensates for it, and the stiff sidewall holds the tread to the road.

I read all the time, my tire flexes, well mine looks just like that one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wouldn't recommend doing it while riding two up...... or would I???

:wink:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are the training wheels "honda approved/designed"?;)

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Thanks for the Killboy shot! I agree, if you run a C/T you will crash and burn!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I am on the Killboy site too on Sept 16, touring or sport touring bikes, between 2 and 4 o'clock and on page 20 of the thumbnails. Now, you won't have to search much at all to find me and I must say, I have a nice car tire shot too. I was amazed at the 3 or 4 photographers out there, I thought only Killboy did this. And I was surprised at how many Harleys that were there. Talk about your rolling roadblocks. I had to stop all the time and wait for a stretch of road to clear. And when I got to the store, I don't think there was one spot to pull in and park, so I just went on. Luckily, with all those loud pipes out there, my life was saved. Doh!

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Talk about your rolling roadblocks. I had to stop all the time and wait for a stretch of road to clear.
Like the Ford Expedtion with Tenn tags on. That runs up and down there all day long:nojoke: gotta go in the rain like the last time when I was there with WVcardninal. Ran ran that faster than most do in the dry :nojoke: man I hate that road. 10 years ago it was a blast now a freaking zoo. There are so many roads better within 50 miles of there as you know Ray :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Like the Ford Expedtion with Tenn tags on. That runs up and down there all day long:nojoke: gotta go in the rain like the last time when I was there with WVcardninal. Ran ran that faster than most do in the dry :nojoke: man I hate that road. 10 years ago it was a blast now a freaking zoo. There are so many roads better within 50 miles of there as you know Ray :thumbup:
I remember that day! I was bird dogging JP and Willie, in the rain! Clear sailing all the way, accept I think one cage pulled over for us. What a blast riding with friends on the Dragon in the rain!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I just rode 421 from Boone NC to Bristol TN last Sunday and in my opinion it is a much better ride than Dragon and very little traffic.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
So that's what the underside of a 1800 looks like, i never got down to look at mine. And Rocket I'm glad you didn't try to claim that was you!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I just rode 421 from Boone NC to Bristol TN last Sunday and in my opinion it is a much better ride than Dragon and very little traffic.
:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
:thumbup: on the pic's! pidjones, you are having way to much fun on that tire! LOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts