GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Since it isn't shown as Honda or Honda affiliated site it is likely a bootleg copy that someone is trying to sell and exploit on their own. My feeling in spite of the savings is that it isn't right and you simply don't support that kind of theft (same as you will often see on Ebay). Obviously it's a choice people make, but if it were your property that someone was trying to capitalize on how would you feel then?

I got my manual from a dealer with a 15% discount they offered at the time so you can shop around from legitimate places.

DaleC

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
By joining the HRCA you are entitled to download one service manual per year. Membership also includes road service and runs 40 bucks a year, plus you get a special opportunity to choke down the Honda servers every year on new model introduction day by trying in vain to get an early peek at what most definitely will not be a new 6-speed Goldwing.

So ya got that goin' for you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Leftwinger, is the free service manual download included if you are a first year member. I got a free year membership when I bought my '06. I haven't spent much time on the HRCA website, but after reading your post, I went there to check it out. The only service manual download I saw is for a generic or universal manual common to all Hondas. Maybe I'm missing something or a link on their site
:?:

·
Registered
1 Posts
1st time poster, here goes :lol:

You only get to download a copy of an actual model specific bike if you have a "paid" membership, free with bike purchase doesn't count.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
mrmegoo said:
Leftwinger, is the free service manual download included if you are a first year member. I got a free year membership when I bought my '06. I haven't spent much time on the HRCA website, but after reading your post, I went there to check it out. The only service manual download I saw is for a generic or universal manual common to all Hondas. Maybe I'm missing something or a link on their site
I am going to refer you, at first, to

ridin05honda said:

You only get to download a copy of an actual model specific bike if you have a "paid" membership, free with bike purchase doesn't count.
Ridin05honda is correct. You have to pay for a membership in order to download a manual. Not that I understand the rationale of it, however.

The "free" membership is the one you get during the first year of ownership you enjoy after buying a Honda. Last I checked, Honda is not the motorcycle company you go to when you are looking to buy a cheap bike. Hondas are expensive. As far as I am concerned, they ought to toss in a manual when you buy one.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
As far as I am concerned, they ought to toss in a manual when you buy one.
They do. It is a $70 option.

·
Registered
464 Posts
mrmegoo said:
They give you a complementery membership that does not include the service manual. Only the common manual is included. You will have to purchace a full membership in addition to the so call freebie at $39.99 to get a service manual. When renewing, you have two choises. The full which includes service manual and roadside package at $39.99 or the $29.99 deal that does not include the service manual or the roadside package. What a deal! :roll:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
ridin05honda said:

Hey Folks,
WE GOT US A NEWBIE!
Welcome ridin05... ,
Now, that wasn't to hard was it. :wink:
As a matter of fact, you may have broken new ground here on the forum.
You actually provided accurate information pertaining to the topic of the thread.:yes1: :yes:
Most of us started out with some kind of DYNAMIC first post
asking some mundane question that has been beaten to death
many times before. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Load up your sense of humor and enjoy the ride.
DC

·
Registered
234 Posts
I bought the Service Manual on CD-ROM through the dealer. I think that it cost me $65. Well worth it to me, it has some great videos on the reverse, cruise, brake replacement, engine assembly, and the sound system, etc.
Then there is all the service info, and parts list. I think that it even has a parts fische.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I love my Goldwing but pretty fed up with Honda. They just don't stand behind thier product the way they once did. It's a long story. I've got the manuel and I'm not looking to make any money on it... I'd give it away.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
JWScott said:
They give you a complementery membership that does not include the service manual. Only the common manual is included. You will have to purchace a full membership in addition to the so call freebie at $39.99 to get a service manual. When renewing, you have two choises. The full which includes service manual and roadside package at $39.99 or the $29.99 deal that does not include the service manual or the roadside package. What a deal! :roll:
$39.99 for the HRCA membership w/free manual is still cheaper than buying the manual separately. :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts