GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before we left Virginia for a trip to Arkansas and beyond, my wife bought a new HJC helmet from our local Honda dealer. It felt comfortable to her, but by the time we got to Rogers, it was too uncomfortable for her to wear. We stopped at Hearland Honda in Springdale with the idea of buying her another helmet and mailing the old one home, since we had no way to carry it on the bike. We were assisted by Debbie at Heartland and from the start it was obvious she really knew how to fit a helmet. My wife had had no help at our dealership but Debbie spent over an hour trying helmets on my wife until both of them were happy with a selection. Debbie then offered to mail the old one back (we got it yesterday), thus completing a very happy experience for us. I have no affiliation with Heartland whatever, but I know how hard it is to find a good dealership and just wanted to pass along our experience. Happy trails to everyone.

Chuck :coffee1:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
They do have great service there. They are the ones that forced me to take a test ride on a new GL1800 in 2006. I knew after that ride that the Harley was going to have to go and a new wing was going to adorn my garage. I knew that because my wife never shut up about how she really loved that ride on that new wing. She never did talk that nice about my Harley! :eek:4:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good Dealers

Heartland Honda is an excellent dealer and has a good service dept. Another very good dealership is Sunrise Honda in Searcy AR. I think they are the #3 in the USA. I have had them do most of the service on my bike and the service dept is excellent.
Having had a few "not so good" experiences at other honda dealers in the past I can appreciate the really good ones! :lol:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I'll add to this - while at the Rogers gathering we were at the War Eagle Mill and when I came out to the bike there was a trail of oil leading up to my bike and a puddle of oil on the rear tire and ground - the final drive was leaking and pretty much toast. I babied it driving to Heartland Honda and they replaced the final drive in about 4 hours saving me a ton of cost to rent a car to go home to Dallas and have to return to pick up the bike the following week. They were busy that Saturday and worked me in.

Thank goodness for the extended warranty too - they said it would have cost $1800 to $2000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts