GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A business trip left me in Chicago over the weekend without much to do. Since we (my co-rider and I) are planning to buy an 07 wing, I took the oportunity to visit Chicago land dealers to see the 07s in all their different colors.
Fox Valley Cycles in Auroa, Il had an orange one. While I was admiring it the salesman came over to see if I had any questions. I was very up front with him and told him I was color shopping, my home is in San Diego, I will be trading in a Voyager 12 which I didn't have here and I will NOT be buying from anyone around here.
We chatted and he was very knowledgeable about the GoldWing. He asked me if I had ridden one of the 1800s. When I admitted my old wing was a 1200 and I hadn't ridden one of recent vintage, he went and got a loaded 2006 from out back. Had me sign the release form handed me the keys and said "can I expect you back in a half hour of so?"
What a sweet ride. Man that engine is something!
I was impressed with these guys. Mark Pawelski knows his stuff and went out of his way to give me a chance to ride an 1800, all the while knowing there was nothing in it for him.
I visited 7 area Honda shops. Some were great, some good and 2 of them told me that the 07 Wings weren't out yet???
Saw all the colors except red. Leaning towards the Orange, wife likes the silver.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Riding the gold wing is like a drug. You just can't enough of it. If I could ride a gold wing 24 hours a day I would. I loved my gold wing and will be getting another one very soon. There is no better bike in the entire world than the gold wing and I'm sure there are many on this board that will back me up on this. Find you a good gold wing dealer and make friends with them. Then you can bring your new gold wing to them each time something happens to it and they will treat you with respect.
:yes1:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Bought my wing from them back in MAY, they delivered it without a gas cap. When I called them to see if they still had the cap they denied delivering the bike without it and said that I could buy a new one from them for $31.00 Then when advised that the first time that I gassed up the cap was missing the salesman advised me that the bike would not run without the gas cap and that I must have lost it. When advised the bike ran just fine through the whole tank without one they still called me a liar. That place sucks I would'nt give them a dime of my money go somewhere else......

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Keep the Voyager when you buy the 1800, they'll never give you what it's worth on trade, anyway. That way, you can keep the 1800 for long trips and ride the Kawi around town. I wish I had kept my XII, I'd ride it to work and leave it outside instead of my 1800. The Kawi was a great bike, mine was an '88 and had over 70k on the clock when I sold it.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I agree with Duane. Sell the Voyager on Ebay, if you can hold it until spring and you will be better off as far as what you get for it. A Dealer cannot give you what it is worth and still make money it doesn't matter how good they are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts