GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We outfitted the Mrs. with Gerbings from top to bottom this year at WOTS; she got the Comfort Socks; they're made out of a blend of materials that still insulates when damp and they have no wires on the bottom. Nice.

I already was happy with my Kenetsu Vest but I wanted some warm feet too. The vender guy told me that Comfort Socks weren't available in my size, nor were any variety in the zippy material. Just plain old cotton for Arn Butt. :(
I've used them a few times and they do warm you up. But on a cold day, perspiration will happen and the cotton material will get damp. Then you get cold.
And walking on the wires wasn't fun. Especially at Trialsman's trials meet the other day --- all day walking trails on those socks. Nasty.

So I emailed Gerbings and copied Jeff Gerbing.
I got the neatest reply; Jeff's going to locate (make?) a pair of the zippy material socks for me!
That's an example of they type of service that inspires our fanatic loyalty; the same brand of dedication that I've gotten from Hal/Chris, Lewis, Diamond, etc.

Thanks Jeff! You are definately a friend to the motorcyling community.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I live close to their world headquarters and we often ride over there and they will make some fixes right on the spot; others require them to keep the garmet and it's sent promptly back (usually postage paid). Yes, it's another class act!

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TkBowman said:
I live close to their world headquarters and we often ride over there and they will make some fixes right on the spot; others require them to keep the garmet and it's sent promptly back (usually postage paid). Yes, it's another class act!
Cool. Where are they located?
I'd like to do a ride in to some vendors and buy them a coffee er'something someday. At least take a picture.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Fill the tank and bundle up there, big guy. Looks like you're off to WA state.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
TkBowman said:
Cool. Where are they located?
I'd like to do a ride in to some vendors and buy them a coffee er'something someday. At least take a picture.
Union,WA.,on the Olympic Penninsula in Washington

http://www.gerbing.com/locate/location.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts