GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first full face, flip front helmet thanks to pictures and discussions posted here. I have a J&M headset for my 3/4 helmet and it won't work in my new Nolan helmet. What is a good, moderatly priced headset that will work in a flip front helmet and the best place to get one?
Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi! I agree with WarBirdBob. airrider is my pick for the same reasons. Here is where I would buy it:
http://www.sierra-mc.com/index.php?cookiecheck=true&
This is agreat vender and has repair service as well as personal service. Prices are the lowest and stands by his customers. He is at a lot of our Honda Rallies. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you have a current version of the J&Ms and you don't mind taking them out of your old helmet, simple purchase a boom mike from J&M from their modular components page, then install it all in the Nolan.

Or... buy some of the Koss KCS20 or similar cheaper headphones and install them in the ear pockets, then buy the J&M modular parts needed to add the mike, helmet clamp and cords to create a new set.

The J&M mike is about $75 nowadays, but I haven't seen just a boom mike selling for less.

The Edsets look pretty good, but the last time I checked they didn't have a boom mike option.

·
Registered
17,141 Posts
I got a nice set from Sierra and they get repeat business from me. Mine have the boom and are mounted in my 3/4 helmet. Music and coice are very clear and as loud as you could want.

I have a set of Hondaline in my Nolon E100e flip face and they are very good on voice, but music is funky/weak. I had to make a boom for my Nolon helmet and it was EZ. I took a piece of black plastic jacketed 12ga household copper wire and soldered a round eyelet terminal to end. The screw on the left side of the helmet that holds the front part of the catch clip was long enough to be removed and then put throught eh eyelet I soldered on and back into its place. That wire then courses through liner seam and to its place below the left corner of my lips. The wire is then bent around the mic body in one loop. I glued the loop of wire to the mic with Epoxy and it looks like it was made as part of the helmet.

prs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts