GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be moving to the San Diego area soon and hope to learn of a good and honest trike shop in the area to do my service once there. Any help out there to speak of?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Hi. I used to live in Vista (San Diego North County). I ran BIKE TOW for 13 years. Now I live in Free America (Kentucky)

In San Marcos, CA. you can contact Rix Eden at Dusk to Dawn Motorcycles. 760-744-1688

He is the go-to guy for trikes in that area. Rix is the Lehman trike dealer/service center there, and he builds trikes for MANY customers. Gold Wings, Harleys, and all other brands! Rix specializes in adapting bikes/trikes to riders with physical limitations such as missing limbs, etc. He is as honest as the day is long. Tell him Bike Tow Joe said 'Hi!'

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Yes! JBJ Cycles in Orange County is an excellent shop too! I just focused on San Diego.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Hi. I used to live in Vista (San Diego North County). I ran BIKE TOW for 13 years. Now I live in Free America (Kentucky)

In San Marcos, CA. you can contact Rix Eden at Dusk to Dawn Motorcycles. 760-744-1688

He is the go-to guy for trikes in that area. Rix is the Lehman trike dealer/service center there, and he builds trikes for MANY customers. Gold Wings, Harleys, and all other brands! Rix specializes in adapting bikes/trikes to riders with physical limitations such as missing limbs, etc. He is as honest as the day is long. Tell him Bike Tow Joe said 'Hi!'
Is that you Joe?

Southbay motorcycles is a great shop to do business with here.

Stay away from Escondido cycle center or Fun Bike center! Both are terrible.:eek:4:

I also work on wings if interested give me a PM.
I'll show you around some nice roads in this town if ya like too.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Not this Joe.

Wing Stuff in Lake Forest has a great shop also. They do trike conversions, take a ride on a Saturday morning and have some coffee and doughnuts and check the place out.
http://wingstuff.com/

20902 Bake Pkwy, Lake Forest, CA 92630 (949) 454-2199

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bad luck if you own a Trike in San Diego

I had my GL1800 2012 converted by Rix in San Marcos. I had nothing but trouble with this guy. It took him 9 weeks to do the job and he did not finish it. He only partially completed the job because Motorrike asked him why he was trying to sell me my own parts back and why a one week job is not done in eight weeks.
My advise from my experience is stay away from this guy, hes bad news. I Brought my Trike up to JBJ Cycles in Santa Ana. Even though they are not a Motortrike dealer they were able to fix some of the problems I was having. Still not totally fixed but a small claims court should rectify that soon enough.
Check out his BBB report before considering him. I have not reported to the BBB yet, but will soon.

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
I had my GL1800 2012 converted by Rix in San Marcos. I had nothing but trouble with this guy. It took him 9 weeks to do the job and he did not finish it. He only partially completed the job because Motorrike asked him why he was trying to sell me my own parts back and why a one week job is not done in eight weeks.
My advise from my experience is stay away from this guy, hes bad news. I Brought my Trike up to JBJ Cycles in Santa Ana. Even though they are not a Motortrike dealer they were able to fix some of the problems I was having. Still not totally fixed but a small claims court should rectify that soon enough.
Check out his BBB report before considering him. I have not reported to the BBB yet, but will soon.
Wow! I sure hope you can get this resolved to your satisfaction and the work that he has already done is done correctly. Sometimes problems don't show up until months later. Is this clown an authorized Motortrike installer and if so would it be possible to hold them libel also? Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts