GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Coffee???

Hey Gang....I'm in Virginia on my way to the Middle East and am seeing some white stuff all over the place. It is damned cold too!!! What is this stuff?? We don't have anything like this in the Valley of the Sun...how do I get around in it?? WHAT IS GOING ON??? By the way.... thanks for the coffee... :p

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Today's special

Always good with a cup o' hot java:

Rye toast, heavily buttered
Corned beef hash with 2 poached eggs
Fried 'taters

·
Registered
837 Posts
Re: Coffee???

SilverHawk said:
Hey Gang....I'm in Virginia on my way to the Middle East

Hey there Winston. Good to see ya on the board. You don't like the white stuff eh? It got up to 71 here yesterday.
Keep in touch if you can from over there. Drop me a line when you get home.

The coffee is good this morning. :coffee1:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good Morning all!!

Just thought I drop by to say Good Morning and to see what was on the menu. As usual, Chef, you've outdone yourself. :eat2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Morning Joe...used to live in that fair city...loved it. We have been back to Alamogordo several times over the years...and if we can get past this &^#@*&$ FLU, I'm getting over it and wife is in the middle of it now...we will be on the road again along the US/Mex border.

Plan to just follow our nose...stay south and try to avoid this cold, nasty, wet north ga mtn weather...

We had planned to leave just after the thanksgiving traffic had time to clear up...but, the best laid plans ya kno...!

What kind of weather are ya having there now....if weather permits, we might drop in there when we are in the area. We will be trying to avoid all the big cities we can...may turn north before we get to el paso and "meander" around thru carlsbad (there's a mex/restaurant there right on the square downtown where I like to eat) and then on over to alamogordo...

Hope you have a good day....
chuck west
calhoun, Ga

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Traveler...

Weather is nice here during the day, getting into the low 60s... If you happen to get up this way you'll have to drop me a line...would be great to meet you...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Campsites...

Nope, still no campsites out at White Sands...The closest sites besides the KOA would probably be out at Dog Canyon...White Sands would be a great place for a camp ground..

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: Coffee

Jim Mathis wrote
Hey there Winston. Good to see ya on the board. You don't like the white stuff eh? It got up to 71 here yesterday.
71?? :cus: I'm sitting here right now at 30 degrees and snow is falling. :weeping: Looks like I should be getting back sometime in late January/early February. We are looking to heading over your way for a ride when I return. You two can show us the sights on that side of the state. 8) Got any Krispy Kremes over that way? :s13: I'm leaving here on Sunday, headed thru IB Mike's area on the way to my final destination. :shock: Hopefully I'll be able to check the board periodically. :?: Won't know until I get to post though.

:unclesmile: Goldwingers on the Go!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts