GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:coffee1: Those morning menu's are just to good... I'm gaining weight from just reading them... Time to roll everybody...Let's ride..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Joe...at 25* you probably won't ride very far... :lol:

When I lived in Alamorgordo around 1969, I used to get sweet potato's from the road side stands near Tularosa...they were grown there locally and were the very best sweet potato's I ever tasted. Do they still grow those there? If so, I might try to find some when we are out that way this winter.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
HEY JOE, igotta question for ya. a guy asked me the other day if i knew what the ALAMO was, & i told him it's an old mission in San Antonio,TEXAS, that was defended by Crockett, Bowie,et al from a Mexican attack in the 1860's. He sez yep, everbody knows that, what else is it?
i sez i dunno.
he sez it's a type of TREE, an Alamo tree & that ALAMOGORDO,N.M. is named after a FAT ALAMO TREE. i've never heard this before. is it
True or False? :roll:
the hobo

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
hobo said:
he sez it's a type of TREE, an Alamo tree & that ALAMOGORDO,N.M. is named after a FAT ALAMO TREE. i've never heard this before. is it
the hobo
When it comes to trees, the alamo is a cottonwood tree. Learned that when I visited Alamogordo back in the late 80's.

John in Vegas

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Breakfast will have to be quick today!

Just an itch for hot fresh homemade sugar doughnuts.

Just roll out the dough and hit it with the donut cutter, get the grease up to temp and dtrop them in! 100 times better than Krispy's. Add some powdered sugar or cinnamon suger, together with a hot cup-o-joe!

We're off!.......

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
SON OF THUNDER, thank's for the info
BLUEJAM, 1836, i stand corrected, the battle for teh Alamo was indeed before the WAR OF NORTHERN AGRESSION :oops: ,
thanks,
the hobo

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hobo said:
the hobo
Alamo...The cottonwood tree...Alamogordo..Fat cottonwoods... Hey Travler...Nope, no more sweet potatoes... there was a guy growing down towards Boles Acres, but didn't see any this year. I think the drought is getting to all the crops here.. the donuts sound like a great idea Chef, sure wish I was a little closer, like them hot out of the frier...Hey Jim, did you sleep in or just skipping coffee today, probably out riding in the great Arizona weather..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts