GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week it was bad news on losing my very best friend...
This week it's GOOD news on finding a friend....
NO dog will EVER take the place of Gilligan, He WAS and STILL and always will be the BEST friend I could have ever asked for..If ever there were what be called a "Soul Puppy" he was it...
And I miss him more than I care to talk about. I'm not ashamed to say that it hit me very hard,, not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about him or shed a tear thinking about him. And I know that I will for a long time to come...
Now for the good news.....
The beginning of the story goes started 12 1/2 year ago when I was at work one day and a co-worker knew that I had talked about getting a "puppy" of my own. Well he told me about an ad in a local paper that had a Maltese puppy for sale,, Well I called the people that placed the ad.. And they told me that they did in fact have one puppy left from a litter and would reduce the price if we wanted him,, because, NOBODY wanted him. And the reason was,, he was a little bigger than the rest and he wasn't "perfect". His feet turned out a little bit.... Well we went and looked at him and he became my very best friend and "buddy" GILLIGAN.......
Now lets go forward to this past weekend,, I was at work once again, and a co-worker who knew what happened with Gilligan told me about an ad that our local paper had on the internet.. Well I checked it out and the puppy was cute. So being the sap I am, I called the people who had the puppy listed. And was told that they still had him for sale,, and they would REDUCE the price because NOBODY wanted him.. because he was older (14 weeks) and because some of his facial hair had different coloring. So all the other puppies went to homes and he was left..
As I'm sure you guessed it,, we now have another puppy in our life...
His name is Tucker "G" (Gilligan) he's a Shicon. A cross between a Shi-tzu and a Bishon-Frise...
I wasn't planning on getting another puppy this guick,, but with the way it played out,, just like it did 12 1/2 years ago... I couldn't resist,, it's like it was meant to be....
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers,, they do work....
Bill and Patti
Here is some pics

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Congrats to the Crocker household!! :p

·
Registered
441 Posts
Congrats on the new addition!! He looks like a real cutie. From what you said it does sound like he was meant to be your new best friend.

The picture along with my post is Dusty. We got him after being without a four legged pal for the first time in over thirty years. My wife and daughter just couldn't stand coming into an empty house. He and his brother were unsold at 5 months old and someone was coming to see his brother the next day. He was shy and not used to people - well he's anything but that now! Of course now he has a "new brother and sister" too.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Whoopee for the Crockers.:excited:

That sure didn't take long.:nojoke:

I'm very happy for you'all.:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

·
Registered
77 Posts
New pup

:congrats: Glad to see you have a new pup. Although they cannot "replace" a lost friend but it can ease the pain somewhat. If you read my response to the "test", of course you know I was kidding about which one was the test. I figured he was new. I see you have a kennel, those are great aren't they? I had my Vizsla potty trained in a week with the kennel. Good luck. :congrats:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Congrats!

Isn't life grand?....

One chapter closed with memories forever remembered...

The next chapter started with memories being made...

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Yee Haa, the sound of new pitter patter running around the house. That young'n is in for a treat, or two, or a hundred. Congrats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was sorry to read your post about your loss, but am happy to hear you have a "new kid on the block"......Congrats!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
For some reason my post didn't show. Should have gotten a potato instead. They don't spoil as quick. OHH!! too late.;)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Hope he does not "Shed", I hate dog hair in my cookies, especially in the morning...LOL

Congrats Patti and Bill. Happy for you!

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
7 Posts
New hound

POP N FRESH,

I WAS REAL GLAD TO HEAR YOU GOT A NEW HOUND, I KNOW THAT LOSS AND ITS SOMETHING I DREAD WITH EVERY DOG I HAVE.

GOOD LUCK,
IRONMOUNTAIN
PITTSBURGH:congrats:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts