GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spotted the first Robin of the year in my yard outside of the shop .
This is fantastic news . Now only 3 times of getting snowed on the Robin and spring is finally here . I asked the orange dude to fly north and visit ya all , but he flipped me off and flew southward . Not sure what that means , but I am thinking it ain't good .

·
Love The DCT
11,778 Posts
I have yet to see a robin. They probably are going to be headed even further south with the blizzard watch and winter weather advisories that are forecasted for ND, SD, and parts of MN.:eek:4:

·
Registered
712 Posts
At least that is progress. Roads are finally clear enough up here to ride. Had to take my life in my hands getting the bike from the lower garage to the main driveway today. A lot of ice and snow on anything not blacktop. But, I'm out riding so all is good.

20140330_115508.jpg

Stopped at the Lienies Lodge for a couple gifts (no tasting today..:lol:)

No quick break for lunch and back to it.

Really nice to get back out.

Scott...

·
Registered
712 Posts
OK, looks like I actually had several and took the picture after I fell...:lol:

Guess I'll have to preview and also learn how to rotate them.

Scott....

·
Registered
20,944 Posts
My folks also saw robins in their backyard a couple days ago in Medford :thumbup:

·
Registered
483 Posts
At least that is progress. Roads are finally clear enough up here to ride. Had to take my life in my hands getting the bike from the lower garage to the main driveway today. A lot of ice and snow on anything not blacktop. But, I'm out riding so all is good.

View attachment 52787

Stopped at the Lienies Lodge for a couple gifts (no tasting today..:lol:)

No quick break for lunch and back to it.

Really nice to get back out.

Scott...
WOW! The Lienies Lodge looks like a really neat place to buy gifts. But I don't know what to think about everything hanging from the ceiling like that. LOL
Scott, I had the same problem with photos until I started using Tapatalk. It is good to read that you are able to get out on the bike again. I sure would like to be able to join you on the road, but I don't see that happening any time soon. It has been a rough winter health wise. It's hell getting old!
BTW, we saw our first Robin yesterday in a tree in front of our house. Of course I didn't have the camera ready, so there isn't a photo of the Robin, but here is a photo taken out our front window today. Notice the car top carrier just sticking above the top of the snow bank. That is a four wheel drive SUV parked in the street in front of our house. Most of that snow is from our driveway. I really hate winter and all the work that comes with it!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396207571.983442.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
This is fantastic news . Now only 3 times of getting snowed on the Robin and spring is finally here . I asked the orange dude to fly north and visit ya all , but he flipped me off and flew southward . Not sure what that means , but I am thinking it ain't good .
We have had the robins back since mid February. They have been snowed on a lot more than three times. We had a little last night but it was not enough to hide the grass. It was gone by 11. That's OK!!! I was looking at the five day forecast: two days in the high 60s, 71* one day, and 74* two days!!!!! :tongue: Weather around here this time of year is unpredictable. It could be 80 one day and get 4" of snow the next.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Have had Robins for a couple weeks down here.
snowed 3 times so i hope winter is over.:bow::shrug::clap2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
We've had them here for about a week now. The other sure signs of spring I've seen are, Trumpeter swans,blackbirds,daylilies poking through the leaves and I think I heard a bluebird today. Spring is here! There,I said it.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Robins?? The little pooping on black cars Ba*ta*ds are all over the place Just waiting for me to park car some where.
Then they zero in on it and begin to change the color to white. They usually stop around mid-August when the turkey
vultures start hanging out in the same tree. That is even worse. Some times the wiper can not get over it. Oh well at
least no SNOW.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I did see some robins while I was out riding yesterday. Looks like ours up here are going to get their 1st of three snows tomorrow. Supposed to start raining this afternoon and sometime change over to snow. Only calling for an inch for us here. Stuna may get more. The Dakotas are under a winter storm warning and looking at a foot or more...:twisted:

Scott....

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
USUALLY SEE HERE IN FL ON WAY BACK UP THERE.:shrug::shrug: NOTHING YET. THE LITTLE FINCH ARE SHOWING UP SO MAYBE THEY'LL BE RITE BEHIND. MAYBE THERE GETTING SMART ( LIKE SOME PEOPLE I KNOW ) ;);) AND MOVED SOUTH PERMANENTLY !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts