GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In town with friends....I know there are tons of pancake houses, but can anyone recommend a good value place for breakfast? value being good portions/clean,etc. for the $$

Thanks, as always...great forum!

W

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Mel's
Good food, 50 ish time frame diner decor.. just a fun place to eat.

We go there every time we are in the area.

The flapjacks (pancakes) are great .... well ..all the food is great ..never had a bad meal. And the portions / and price are very good.

their link: http://www.melsdinerpf.com/

mel's diner.jpg

mel's diner booth.jpg

·
Registered
584 Posts
Denny's
always great food and quick in and out

·
Registered
290 Posts
Log cabin restaurant!
It's on the left heading towards Gatlinburg near the eastern edge of town. It is either the last light or the next to last light. Gray Blueish building? looks like its been there forever. The same waitress's have been there for the last 50 years or so. This is where the locals go for breakfast. Good food, reasonable priced and not the least bit touristy. Always our last stop before heading home.

·
Registered
453 Posts
My wife and I must have the worst luck. When we went there on our anniversary, we like to have starved. As the trip went on, it became our "little inside joke" about what was going to be wrong with this meal because no matter where we went, the food was either not what we ordered or it wasn't good. And I mean EVERYWHERE we went.

We went to breakfast once thinking, how in the world can someone mess up breakfast, but again, they found a way. I think it was at Dennys and they brought me cream of wheat pancakes instead of the buttermilk I ordered. I guess I don't get out much but I never heard of cream of wheat pancakes.

Once we got across the state line back into NC, we stopped at the first breakfast place and had the best meal considering we were very hungry.

People find this story hard to believe but that's what happened to us and we still laugh about it today. It was a fun and memorable trip though.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
In town with friends....I know there are tons of pancake houses, but can anyone recommend a good value place for breakfast? value being good portions/clean,etc. for the $$

Thanks, as always...great forum!

W
To many to list......only a couple of really (not so good) ones......watch the locals.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You specified value. Duffs at the end of the parkway toward Gatlinburg is a buffet bar and has a great selection of about anything you would want for breakfast. Every time I have been there it has been clean and neat. Food is good.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Cracker Barrel or Dennys is always good.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I know this is not what you ask and you won't find me recommending very many places to eat but it is well worth the ride to get some fine food and the ride and sightseeing is second to none along the way...

Joeys Pancake house in Maggie Valley :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Leave Pigeon Forge on US-441 SE going through Gatlinburg and over either the Blue Ridge Parkway or go on to Cherokee and take US-19 north to Maggie Valley and just after you get into town your find Joeys Pancake house in Maggie Valley on the right...

If you take the Parkway just get off at the Maggie valley exit and it will put you on US-19, turn left (north)...

·
Registered
327 Posts
I know this is not what you ask and you won't find me recommending very many places to eat but it is well worth the ride to get some fine food and the ride and sightseeing is second to none along the way...

Joeys Pancake house in Maggie Valley :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Leave Pigeon Forge on US-441 SE going through Gatlinburg and over either the Blue Ridge Parkway or go on to Cherokee and take US-19 north to Maggie Valley and just after you get into town your find Joeys Pancake house in Maggie Valley on the right...

If you take the Parkway just get off at the Maggie valley exit and it will put you on US-19, turn left (north)...
Dick, You hit the nail on the head.:agree:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
We love the pancake house beside stages west has 45 different kinds best breakfast i have eat down there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Pancake Pantry on the left, downtown Gatlinburg. Get there early, or you have to wait. Crowded seating layout. Bust the best pancakes I've ever had.

Mack

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Bob Evens ?? Denny's ..... why name places that they can find anywheres .... that just don't make sense .....

I guess some people have a very narrow focal points .....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Bob Evens ?? Denny's ..... why name places that they can find anywheres .... that just don't make sense .....

I guess some people have a very narrow focal points .....

:agree: :wrong:

I wouldn't eat at a national chain restaurant at a place like Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg even if you paid for the meal. Nothing like home cooking from the area down there!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Duff's

you specified value. Duffs at the end of the parkway toward gatlinburg is a buffet bar and has a great selection of about anything you would want for breakfast. Every time i have been there it has been clean and neat. Food is good.
duffs has closed replaced by captains jims seafood buffet

1 - 20 of 25 Posts