GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
leaving Nashville, TN. to Denver,co and up to Grand Teton. looking for a good place in Jackson hole.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
We're headed up there the week of Memorial Day. We have 5 rooms at the Lexington on 5/26. From there we're headed to Cody for the night.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Give some thought to staying in Cody vs Jackson. More rooms available, and much cheaper.

·
Registered
812 Posts
If you plan to stay in Cody, the Buffalo Bill Cabins owned by Blair Hotels is a great place to stay. The cabins are always well kept, clean and quiet. We stayed there 5 or 6 weekends in '12 while working at Yellowstone and found the people there very friendly and accommodating. Cody is an interesting place with lots of activities each weekend during the summer and the Buffalo Bill museum is something that you will want to check out. I spent the summer of '12 in Yellowstone and even though I had almost 8 months to tour, there were still places I wanted to see and didn't get to. http://blairhotels.com/buffalo-bill-village-cody/your-room/

2,732 Posts
Cowboy Village

We stayed at the Cowboy Village cottages on the south edge of Jackson. They even brought some old towels for us to clean up the Wing without even asking. Super friendly to Goldwingers, at least to us.

By the way, Jackson Hole is the ski area, Jackson is the town.

There may be some ski units available at Jackson Hole, but would guess they are more expensive then in Jackson. You didn't say if you were going for the skiing in your post.

·
Registered
593 Posts
"By the way, Jackson Hole is the ski area, Jackson is the town. " :bow:
I was gonna add this piece of Jackson info too. And the Cowboy Village is a great place to stay too.

·
Registered
249 Posts
We went this past summer. We had two couples in our group and it was cheaper to rent a condo for 4 nights. We were about 7 miles west of jackson and about 7 miles south of Jackson Hole. We stayed in the tamarack condos and booked through jackson hole reservations.

Contact info below

Toll Free: (800) 329-9205
Local: +1 (307) 733-6331

email: [email protected]

Hours of Operation:
7 days per week - 7:00a.m. to 10:00p.m.
Mountain Daylight Time

·
Registered
13 Posts
Idea for a place to stay

Try the Dutch Oven Inn. It's a B/B in the Afton Wy. area which is aprox. 30 min. out of Jackson, we stayed their last year cost $70 which included breakfast. Not much of a night life but a nice quiet place to stay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts