GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From time to time I come across some posts that are worthy of holding onto so as to refer to when needed, or pass along to others. Just never know when they will be deleted. I like to quote them, cut the quote out, paste it in a PM to myself, and bingo, you will always have the information for a rainy day when needed, including who posted the information.:thumbup:

·
Banned
2,618 Posts
From time to time I come across some posts that are worthy of holding onto so as to refer to when needed, or pass along to others. Just never know when they will be deleted. I like to quote them, cut the quote out, paste it in a PM to myself, and bingo, you will always have the information for a rainy day when needed, including who posted the information.:thumbup:
Jim, I do the same thing and have an Outlook folder set aside for many topics that may arise and I need to refer back to. Thanks for posting the tip.

BTW, I am curious as to why you post the reference to Mt 7:21-23 in your signature line. I know the verses well, just curious as to the significance to you in your signature, if you care to expound.

Best regards,
Ken

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim, I do the same thing and have an Outlook folder set aside for many topics that may arise and I need to refer back to. Thanks for posting the tip.

BTW, I am curious as to why you post the reference to Mt 7:21-23 in your signature line. I know the verses well, just curious as to the significance to you in your signature, if you care to expound.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken, I included that as a reminder to me that simply saying “I am a good Christian, honest I am, just look at my signature line and I’ll show ya” just does not cut it as I have seen in a few instances. I am far from being a good boy, and Sister Norma would have turned my knuckles black and blue by now, but I know that it is my deeds, and not what I simply stick in a sig line, that will carry the day . . . I hope. My hope is that when the time comes, the Big Guy will say “Jimbo, while I am a little disappointed in you in a few areas, you did a lot of good for the kids, and others, whose lives you touched.” Time will tell.

Hope all is well with you down your way and sure hope we can cross paths again sometime soon.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Wheels,
You tying to go SMART on us again?

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I'm afraid that Sister Norma would also say that it is WAY to late for that.:thumbup::cool:;)
I understand completely, I had Sister rose, she could curve an eraser..she was tough....

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
Ken, I included that as a reminder to me that simply saying “I am a good Christian, honest I am, just look at my signature line and I’ll show ya” just does not cut it. My hope is that when the time comes, the Big Guy will say “Jimbo, while I am a little disappointed in you in a few areas, you did a lot of good for the kids, and others, whose lives you touched.” Time will tell.
I hope the big guy thinks the same for me.

One of the questions asked while I was at the Senior Enlisted Academy was "If you were to die today, what would your tombstone say about your life?"

Gives you something to think about.

·
Banned
2,618 Posts
Ken, I included that as a reminder to me that simply saying “I am a good Christian, honest I am, just look at my signature line and I’ll show ya” just does not cut it as I have seen in a few instances. I am far from being a good boy, and Sister Norma would have turned my knuckles black and blue by now, but I know that it is my deeds, and not what I simply stick in a sig line, that will carry the day . . . I hope. My hope is that when the time comes, the Big Guy will say “Jimbo, while I am a little disappointed in you in a few areas, you did a lot of good for the kids, and others, whose lives you touched.” Time will tell.

Hope all is well with you down your way and sure hope we can cross paths again sometime soon.
Great explanation indeed. Hope to be able to walk those golden streets with you one day. Until our paths meet again, Godspeed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wheels: I too am like you and hope that the Good Lord will allow me to sit at his side when my days are over.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Do you reckon that God will.....

supply us some Goldwing trikes for those golden streets? After all there isn't supposed to be any sorrow! (Which in that case there may not be any of those loud Harleys allowed!:coffee1::joke:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well put wheels!!! :agree:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'll always remember a quote from my dad, "Everyone wants to go to heaven, but few want to get on the bus".

Ride safe,

Wayne

·
Banned
2,618 Posts
supply us some Goldwing trikes for those golden streets? After all there isn't supposed to be any sorrow! (Which in that case there may not be any of those loud Harleys allowed!:coffee1::joke:
If the Lord will use a loud sound to signal the rapture, then I sort of feel he is partial to Harley's, not wings...just saying:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
If the Lord will use a loud sound to signal the rapture, then I sort of feel he is partial to Harley's, not wings...just saying:thumbup::thumbup:
Yesser, we'll all be welcome and all be equal, just gotta BELIEVE! Charley

1 - 15 of 15 Posts