GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Ya think this guy has a bad HD experience? My, my, my. He could have said said everything he wrote simply by saying, "I hate HD's because I think they're loud and junk."

Man, he needs to see somebody for some help.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
How true, i roared with laughter. This guy is an excellent writer who knows his adjectives inside and out. It rings true and is certainly a slanted view.
But look at honda, the 1000 to 1200 for 4 years the same, slight modifications then came the 1500 from 1991? to 1999? and now the 1800. Whats changed in the 1800's. Taillights? Different size bags. More add ons? Has the engine of the 1800 improved to put out more horsepower? He could have been talking about Honda here but Honda does make changes. I have always admired Harley for the marketing stratagey. There have been threads on this forum wondering why Honda doesnot market ball caps
shirts underwear and the whole nine yards, even dog coats have the harley brand on them.
Honda would rather put their money into the bikes not like harley.
Ford built a truck named harley davidson. You donot see a car named goldwing. Hmmmmm. Naw
i could go on but hey i love my wing and its time to ride

·
Registered
291 Posts
This article was written by someone with a "hard on" for Harley.

I've owned a Wing and have owned a Harley Ultra for 2.5 years.

I still look at this board because I like you guys.:thumbup:

I've written a couple write ups on both the wing and the Ultra for this board.

I think they are both great bikes albeit totally different.

I can tell you that prior to the Harley, I was probably considered a Harley Basher. But, truth be told, my '07 Ultra is one of the best bikes I've owned.

The Wing was great too, just totally different from the Harley.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Wow

I have never seen rants like those, not even on this board. Now after posting that site we are probably going to see a bunch of insults and words that we haven't heard before on this board. I just can't imagine making a web site dedicated to bashing HD.

I can't imagine what would make someone go on and on and on about HD. The first article said everything I thought could have possibly been said. But wait there's so much more. I am glad you posted it just for the entertainment. :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Overall it looks like a long, overblown rant that could have easily been written by any one of a number of the Harley haters that frequent this board. So what else is new?:shrug:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I couldn't even get thru the whole rant.That sounds like a miserable person.Just like most things we are fortunate to have choices and are entitled to our opinion,but wow to be so bitter!:shrug:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
The first sentence is more relevant to me when I substitute 'Democrats' for 'Harley Davidson owners': "Democrats are preoccupied with image and sound, so much so that they've forgotten the basic principle that backs up those two aspects; performance." That fits our narcisistic president to a tee.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

·
Registered
585 Posts
This has been around for a while. I saw it two or three years ago. Someones Upset!!:eek:4:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
....Some folks feel more strongly about listening to a noisey motorcycle in front of them than others do about smelling cigarette smoke coming from the car ahead of them.

...I happen to be one of those.

:nojoke:

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Geesh. . . that looked more like a Master's thesis gone wild! What dribble . . . :popcorn:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Whoever wrote that certainly thinks/cares about HD more than I do. The writer is correct in thinking that HD's not a world powerhouse, but then too few American companies are these days. HD had enough profitable years to fund/do some real innovation but they were, IMHO, lazily content to milk their slow-moving cows without developing the herd. Had they built a 2,000 cc, water-cooled V4 on a rigid and well-handling frame; I would be looking at it. As it was, the best they could do was a rather dull thing called a V-rod. I say dull because I had one and it was nothing to write home about.

My $.02

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
either someones wife ran off with a Harley rider or someone didn't get to join the riding club.....oh and Harley didn't build the Ford truck....

Just a bunch a sniveling....waw, waw.....what a turd...:shrug::roll::lol:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn ,,got some thin skins.Just good reading,some BS some truth,still its just a article .I rode HDs since 1967,some good some bad. Got a GW never looked back.. Semme you can't say anything here without stepping on Duddle Do Rights toes. Wasn't meanth to agravate anyone.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Damn ,,got some thin skins.Just good reading,some BS some truth,still its just a article .I rode HDs since 1967,some good some bad. Got a GW never looked back.. Semme you can't say anything here without stepping on Duddle Do Rights toes. Wasn't meanth to agravate anyone.
Sure it was....if not, why post something negative about Harley......

What was good about it ?, just someone ranting about something he/she didn't like or had a bad experience with....

I saw no redeeming information in it, other than rambling rants.....:shrug:

Just another poke at HD....stir the pot....

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
There were a few funny parts to it, but I gave up about a quarter way through it. The guy really needs to work on his writing. If I were a 10th grade teacher, I would have given him a D.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Whoever wrote that certainly thinks/cares about HD more than I do. The writer is correct in thinking that HD's not a world powerhouse, but then too few American companies are these days. HD had enough profitable years to fund/do some real innovation but they were, IMHO, lazily content to milk their slow-moving cows without developing the herd. Had they built a 2,000 cc, water-cooled V4 on a rigid and well-handling frame; I would be looking at it. As it was, the best they could do was a rather dull thing called a V-rod. I say dull because I had one and it was nothing to write home about.

My $.02
While big motorcycles enjoy a very small market share in Japan, relatively speaking, the aspirational big bike is the H-D and not the G-W or K LT.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
While big motorcycles enjoy a very small market share in Japan, relatively speaking, the aspirational big bike is the H-D and not the G-W or K LT.
Regardless of aspirations of a few in places like Japan, HD is not a big player in the world market and had better watch out for China, especially in trying to play footsie with Zongshen.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I have a hunch the author's wife was boned by a Harley rider...and she liked it...:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts