GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an used 2012 Wing with 50K miles and, as I'm start hearing a strange "*** *** ***" sound on the front wheel, I think it's time to change brake pads (and I don't know if they've been ever changed).
At that point, I think I would like to have someone doing a general "50K inspection / Service" and I'm looking for someone reliable.

I'm little bit mechanically savvy (put a custom air kit on my other bike, a Yamaha RoadStart Warrior) but I'm sure I do not have the experience and skills of a professional mechanic.

Do you have a trusted mechanic in the Seattle / east-side (Kirkland, Redmond, Bellevue, Sammamish) area that you are willing to refer?
I know there's a dealer in Woodinville, but I didn't hear great things about them.

Thanks as always!
Luca

·
Registered
678 Posts
I had a sound something like that on an old H1 back in the seventies. It turned out to be a bulge in the tyre then.

·
Vendor
17,829 Posts
When I lived in Juanita and Redmond (late 80s), Everett powersports was known for their GoldWing techs. If you bought your Wing from them, then you were eligible to schedule an appointment with their top GW tech. If you didn't buy your Wing from them, the others would take the left overs.

Everett Powersports always had a representative a chapter GW meetings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts