GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a few $$ to spend on a riding jacket,would like one that is good for hot and also cool weather riding.any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Iron Pony.com, checkout the Teknic blowout. I purchased the Spider Jacket, it's 2 in 1. The outer jacket zips away to a mesh and has CE protection. $79.00 for a $299.00 jacket. It's a very well made jacket, i'm completely satisfied!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Look into the Cycleport/Motorport line of clothing. The Air Mesh Kevlar line offers super protection and comfort. Thier stuff is expensive, but is gaining a reputation similar to Aerostich (and is priced like Aerostich). I currently have an older non-kevlar Cycleport coat that is great, but not mesh and a bit too warm for summer riding, but great the other 3 seasons. Saving my pennies for a air mesh kevlar jacket or suit.

Here is the LINK to Cycleport.

Good luck in your search and

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My wife's had the TECNIK Spider jacket for 2 years now, its ecellent for both hot and cool weather, requires the quilted liner (supplied) or a heated jacket to complete all year round riding.

Mike

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I bought a Nitro dual season jacket.....with the zip out lining.. its really reasonable... with armour for protection... its comfy for summer & for those cool days...
I buy a new jacket just about every year... so I don't spend a ton for one.. i change jackets & helmets yearly...

cosmic

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
checked out technic spider jacket seems great,would like a black one. none to be had at iron pony.the price might make me consider one of the red or blue ones.thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Yep, I wanted Black too. I bought the red and liked so well, i bought wife one to match! You'll like!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Rickster wrote:
Look into the Cycleport/Motorport line of clothing. The Air Mesh Kevlar line offers super protection and comfort. Thier stuff is expensive, but is gaining a reputation similar to Aerostich (and is priced like Aerostich). I currently have an older non-kevlar Cycleport coat that is great, but not mesh and a bit too warm for summer riding, but great the other 3 seasons. Saving my pennies for a air mesh kevlar jacket or suit.
DITTO !!!!!

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Another vote for Cycleport. Love my Air Mesh Kevlar!!!!

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
I just received my Cycleport in the mail. Haven't tried it out yet but have to say that Wayne and the gang at Cycleports are a great group to do business with. I stopped in while I was in the area and they took my measurements, asked what I wanted and was very helpful.

I will let everyone know how I like it after I get a few miles on it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
A few people mentioned NewEnough.com. I like doing business with them. Also I prefer the Tour Master Tranisitons jacket. In CAs central coast I deal with ambient temps from 28 degrees in the morning to 80 in the afternoon. This jacket has served me well.

Also I took a 40 foot slide while wearing one of these about a month ago. It did it's job and the armor was excellent. No joint or arm injuries. I immediately replaced it with another one from NewEnough.

http://www.newenough.com/tour_master_tr ... t_page.htm

Chuck
MBD

·
Registered
750 Posts
Olympia Motosport!! Check em out! A bit pricey but great quality and protection if ya ever need it. 100% water proof with a winter zip out liner.
Love mine!!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
New

mbd said:
A few people mentioned NewEnough.com. I like doing business with them. Also I prefer the Tour Master Tranisitons jacket. In CAs central coast I deal with ambient temps from 28 degrees in the morning to 80 in the afternoon. This jacket has served me well.

Also I took a 40 foot slide while wearing one of these about a month ago. It did it's job and the armor was excellent. No joint or arm injuries. I immediately replaced it with another one from NewEnough.

http://www.newenough.com/tour_master_tr ... t_page.htm

Chuck
MBD
I bought two of the Tour masters (one for SO) and have one thing to say: It better be real cold if you have the liner in...and I mean REAL cold!

·
Registered
5 Posts
another vote for Moroport

I have the motoport mesh jacket and pants.
Use them 100% of the time.
Good people to do business with.

S

·
0 Posts
jbar , I have tried a number of different jackets and combo's they all have their limitations . I tend to bring the "style" of jacket for the "kind" of ride I plan on doing .
If I'm doing an Iron butt special I wear the Stitch, no question, this thing will keep you bone dry in torrential down pours . I always carry a full set of Gerbings liners no matter what .
If it is a nice casual cruz I usually wear the First Gear Mesh tech. Nice and light has a liner and can even wear the Gerbings underneath if the weather changes .
For all around universal, can go far even, set up I wear the FG Kilimanjaro, real nice jacket 100% waterproof, removable liner .

Having said all this if I had to choose only one jacket it would be the Kili, with the Gerbings liner.

Good luck with your choice. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts