GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a store in the Eastern portion of North Carolina (or close by states) that has a good selection of helmets to try out? The only store we've seen with more than a handful to try on, and with more GW-appropriate helmets than crotch rocket or HD helmets, was the Honda dealer over in Asheville. We'd consider riding as far as ~200 miles for a good selection.:?:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Try Ron Ayers Motorsports in Greenville, N.C. He is a Honda dealer and has lots of good stuff. Good place to visit even if you are not in the market. Free coffee and popcorn.
Bob

·
Registered
325 Posts
Try this place

[h=1]Competition Accessories[/h]3049 Southcross Blvd # 105,
Rock Hill, SC 29730
(803) 327-1717

Been here a few times, they have alot of helmets and jackets.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Competition Accessories

3049 Southcross Blvd # 105,
Rock Hill, SC 29730
(803) 327-1717

Been here a few times, they have alot of helmets and jackets.
Maybe on our next trip across. I've bought online from these folks. Excellent prices.

Thanks!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are several Cycle Gear stores in NC, Gastonia, Raleigh, and Fayetteville. They have a big selection.
Easily within riding distance. Thanks! (This is the kind of info you could spend months and a number of wasted stops trying to find out.)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could look on their web site first to make sure they have what you are looking for.
It's the ability to actually try on a variety of helmets that's a clincher. They all sit/feel/size differently and, unless you just get lucky, ya gotta put it on your head to get the right fit. 30 people can chime in and say their online order was perfect the first time sight unseen - wasn't for me.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It's the ability to actually try on a variety of helmets that's a clincher. They all sit/feel/size differently and, unless you just get lucky, ya gotta put it on your head to get the right fit. 30 people can chime in and say their online order was perfect the first time sight unseen - wasn't for me.
All quite true but if they dont have anything you like whats the point of even going to try them on. All I was suggesting is looking on line before making the trip.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Ayup ... Cycle Gear. Lots of helmets. Not everything you could want, but a good variety. If you want a different color, you can order it through the Cycle Gear online store.

Also consider Competition Accessories just south of Charlotte.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ayup ... Cycle Gear. Lots of helmets. Not everything you could want, but a good variety. If you want a different color, you can order it through the Cycle Gear online store.

Also consider Competition Accessories just south of Charlotte.
We're looking forward to making a trip over to Cycle Gear - only ~2 hours away in Fayetteville and any reason for a ride.....

And we'll hit Competition next time we head towards Charlotte. I've shopped online with them. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts