GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good pair of cool summer gloves? Ive never worn gloves except for my heated gerbings in the fall. thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
693 Posts
summer gloves

Have you tried the fingerless riding gloves? You can try a walmart to get a pair but don't get them too tight. They will be hard to remove.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The fingerless gloves...alot of HD riders wear these...just don't put your hands down if you fall off the bike.....:eek:4:

DO NOT Purchase a pair of Tour Master Water Proof Lite Weight Gloves...I did a month ago...if your hands become hot or sweaty the inside liner comes along with your hand when you remove the glove...you can not get the glove back on without spending an hour putting each finger sleeve back into the gloves outter shell...I tried to take the gloves back to where I purchased then and they would not return them since I had worn them...(how else do you try a glove)...(my hands were not hot when I purchsed them...thought they were the greatest glove...I give Tour Master an "F" on these gloves....)

Safe Rides...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Have you tried the fingerless riding gloves? You can try a walmart to get a pair but don't get them too tight. They will be hard to remove.
If your going to get fingerless gloves at WalMart get the weight lifting gloves. The palm padding is great and the gloves breath.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good pair of cool summer gloves? Ive never worn gloves except for my heated gerbings in the fall. thanks for any suggestions
I am looking at getting a pair of these for the real hot days:

http://www.motoport.com/_product_35446/Kevlar_Racing_Glove

I currently have a pair of their winter gloves which I have ridden in up to 90* & got caught in stop & go 5 mph city traffic for about 2 miles due to power lines being down, they do get warm under these circumstances. At temps up to about 85* the winter gloves are pretty comfortable and being kevlar should provide good protection in the event of a get off. They are waterproof, I have ridden thru some pretty heavy downpours & the water just runs off them.

http://www.motoport.com/_product_35446/Kevlar_Winter_Glove

They are pricey but should outlast my Olympias I bought in 1986 & still have while giving much better protection so to me they are worth it.

·
Banned
2,340 Posts
Kevin

Someone mentioned these in a post awhile back. So I ordered a pair.

Awesome gloves. I ordered the large and they were a little tight but after wearing them a few days they stretched and fit good. No Velcro and no snaps to worry about. They have no cuffs which takes a little time to adjust to.

Link Here

·
Registered
922 Posts
I wear a pair of $5.00 cloth gloves I found in a truck stop. They breathe so your hands will stay dry, and I can wet them down when it gets really hot. Really hot to me is anything over 110.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Fingerless gloves are about as effective as a condom with the tip cut off.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Kevin,

Kangaroo leather has the highest tear resistance of any leather. It is also very soft and handles repeated wettings very well. I've been wearing these for years and use them year around http://www.leatherglovesonline.com/np/MensGloves-ByLining-Unlined-g104.htm#page=details except when it is very cold and then the electrics come out of the trunk.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

Go to any sporting goods store and pick up a pair of rain gloves that are used by golfers. They have a tacky palm and fingers and are made out of mesh fabric. Your hands will stay dry and you will have positive throttle control.

In winter I wear Cabela's Gore-Tex shooting gloves that are insulated and made from Kangaroo leather. Kangaroo leather is at least 5 times stronger than rawhide.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Fingerless gloves are about as effective as a condom with the tip cut off.
Well that gave me a laugh, I have to paint the sunroom today, sitting here procrastinating, and that cheered me up . :lol::lol::lol:

Yea the condom would work better I think. LOl!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Summer gloves

Personally I like the lightweight motocross type gloves. Good leather palm and good stretchable, breathable tops. Plus availble in several colors.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Kevin

Someone mentioned these in a post awhile back. So I ordered a pair.

Awesome gloves. I ordered the large and they were a little tight but after wearing them a few days they stretched and fit good. No Velcro and no snaps to worry about. They have no cuffs which takes a little time to adjust to.

Link Here
Those are the gloves I found at a law enforcement supply store in Buffalo so I mentioned them in a previous post: www.uniteduniform.com/khxc/ccp0-prodshow/HH_CTM100.html I agree with Fred that they were a little tight at first, but they soon stretch to form a perfect fit. Depending on where you are in NY, they have stores in Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse. They don't always stock that particular glove though.

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I wear a pair of those mechanic gloves from AutoZone of Home Depot. They have leather on fingertips and the rest is nylon type fabric which lets air flow through the top of the hands and the have a nice tight fit. Less than $20.:thumbup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Howdy, I've been wearing a pair of Churchill Glove Co. deerskin gloves now for over 30 yrs and still love em! not lined, and way tougher than cowhide!
very soft, no cuff. I recommend them all the time!
Maverick C Classic Deerskin Leather Glove http://www.jrcglove.com/
If these ever wear out, I'll get another pair!
Hobbit

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts