GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you using a Good To Go pass on your Wing? If so where did you put it (I am NOT going to put it on the headlight like they recommend). Will it work if I stick it to the inside of one of the side pockets?

Where is everyone putting them?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have one of the older License plate mount ones and I put it on the dash under the vent on the 1800. Fits nice and snug. If they still have them, I would recommend getting one for the advantage of being able to transfer it to any other vehicle whenever you want…I love that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine is zip tied up there. I still have Jon's iway mount so it is zip tied to the gps mount un glare shield.

Works well. I think that is about the only place unless you zip tie to forks somehow. Could probably stick windshield one to windshield but I don't want to do that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mine is zip tied up there. I still have Jon's iway mount so it is zip tied to the gps mount un glare shield.

Works well. I think that is about the only place unless you zip tie to forks somehow. Could probably stick windshield one to windshield but I don't want to do that.
Nice looking plane you got there.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the Good to Go pass have to be visible to the machine that reads it or would it work from the locking pocket?

·
Banned
226 Posts
Does the Good to Go pass have to be visible to the machine that reads it or would it work from the locking pocket?
Its supposed to be visible to be read by the DOT. Are they good in the whole state? we have EZTags in Texas. I live near houston but if I travel to say, Austin or San Antone its worthless. Done ask me how I know. Seams there's a new toll booth every other day. We'll be paying tolls to F**K in the near future.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good to Go

I have a license plate mount and I keep it in the trunk. it also reads your license plate if the transponder is not working. I was at good to go in Gig Harbor last week, and I was told that the new clear transponder had bugs they were working out, so the license plate is the default. Once they dial in the transparent I will make the trade.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Its supposed to be visible to be read by the DOT. Are they good in the whole state? we have EZTags in Texas. I live near houston but if I travel to say, Austin or San Antone its worthless. Done ask me how I know. Seams there's a new toll booth every other day. We'll be paying tolls to F**K in the near future.
Currently there are only two area's where the good to go is good to go!! the Tacoma Narrows bridge and the 167 Hot lanes. Soon, next month maybe you'll need it for the 520 bridge tolls. DOT is getting cranked up to toll more and more roadway.... I-90 bridge then the 405 Interstate is next on the list, followed by Interstate 5 and when the Alaskan Way tunnel project is done, I believe that gets tolls as well. I have heard rumors about tolls for the I 90 in Spokane. When the replacement bridge across the Columbia river into Oregon gets built, that will have tolls as well. No, the Good to Go is no good anywhere else... There next big thing is to use camera tolling only if they can get it working right. Then you won't need a transponder, they will bill the registered owner via the mail. But using a transponder, means a cheaper rate, probably because you have an established account with money in it. The overhead for camera tolling is very high, so they charge more to cover the cost and then some.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I took the toll road around Denver last Aug., never did get a bill in the mail....... didn't try to avoid anything ~ just never got billed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts