Registered
4,012 Posts
Awesome video and done very well.

Makes ya think doesn't it?????

·
Registered
501 Posts
give me a better understanding why

my better half chooses not to ride any more.
that took some of the wind out of my sail
makes you think a wee bit more about safety

it's a pretty morning, I'm still going to go riding
be safe guys and gals :wink:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I guess they hit the deer. It sure makes you think about using the buddy system when riding in remote areas to get some help should an incident come up. Riding solo (only one bike) in the outback sure has some additional risks.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Blind Yak said:
I guess they hit the deer. It sure makes you think about using the buddy system when riding in remote areas to get some help should an incident come up. Riding solo (only one bike) in the outback sure has some additional risks.
I have the same situation, most of the time, no buddy system. Probably 3/4 of my riding is along and in the back roads :(

·
Vendor
22,221 Posts
I don't understand what the purpose of this video is. Seems like it's only function is to scare folks out of riding motorcycles. Sure, I know it is a dangerous hobby, but I really don't need to see stuff like this to remind me of that.

Maybe they should make a video showing the aftermath of a light plane crash, so everyone will know how dangerous it can be to fly.

Or how about a skateboarder who cracks his head open on the sidewalk.

Or a mountain climber that falls off a cliff or freezes to death.

Again, I ask, what is the purpose?

·
Registered
553 Posts
the purpose

the video should be mandatory at every safe rider course..show it at the very end of the course then tell all of the students "ride safe" it sure get's the point across....

·
Registered
76 Posts
RE: Video

I don't understand what the purpose of this video is. Seems like it's only function is to scare folks out of riding motorcycles. Sure, I know it is a dangerous hobby, but I really don't need to see stuff like this to remind me of that.
Sometimes a video is just a video. No hidden message, except what you choose to interpret. Just one film maker's idea brought to life.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I go along with Fred H. on this one. What exactly was the message they were trying to convey with this video?

Don't hit deer with your motorcycle? Don't get knocked unconscious and forget that you had a passenger? Don't throw away your cigarette before you find your lighter?

I knew what the ending was going to be as soon as the guy pulled the hairbrush out of the saddlebag. But what was the message supposed to be????

Don't make boring nine-minute videos that have no real point to them?

·
Vendor
22,221 Posts
Re: RE: Video

Defiant077 said:
Sometimes a video is just a video. No hidden message, except what you choose to interpret. Just one film maker's idea brought to life.
I suppose you are right. Personally, I just have no use for it. Seeing it happen for real once is enough to last me a lifetime and I would rather not be reminded of it.

G

·
Fred's response seems a little hostile....... what's up with that?
Life is Life, **** happens, and whole lot more cliches! Again... sometimes a video is just a video.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Not sure if there needs to be a purpose, though it does a good job of showing why someone with a head wound ought not to be trusted... I wondered why he had a purple hairbrush in his bag.. It seemed obvious that he ought not be wandering ON the road, lest he have a relapse and fall down....

A bit forced, though. I doubt anyone would simply pick up somebody they found lying on the road after an bike crash without notifying the authorities (who would prolly KNOW better than to not take at least a cursory look around.)

·
Registered
19,376 Posts
Helmets save lives-this is all I got out of it

·
Registered
514 Posts
This video was made for a short video contest. In that context, I think it would score quite highly. As was stated, it was apparent when he came across the hair brush that he hadn't been riding alone. Made me anticipate his finding his passenger and I was disapointed.
Read into it what you will. It was very well done.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts