GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have been spending so much time back in north Georgia that we decided to return. Family, weather and the mountains continue to
call for our return. We put our home FSBO several months back and sold it almost over night to a very nice couple from Kansas. They
had to sell their house first and we worked it out that we would wait, after a very nice deposit. We're not in a hurry, so we did. They closed
on their home recently and will close on this home Tuesday the 10th. Our home is all packed and waiting for the loaders / movers tomorrow
morning. We close on our new home in the mountains of Georgia the 12th. Yes we are looking forward to this move.

I wanted to tell all my Prowler friends how much your friendship has meant to me and wish I could say so-long to each of you in person. I'm
still in the market for a new two wheeled vehicle and know I will find what I'm looking for one day because the mountains are calling. I'll still
be active on the board and check in often to see what kind of trouble you Florida people are getting into.

Should any of you Prowlers get into north Georgia, give me a shout and we can meet, greet and break bread together.

ALL OF YOU WILL BE MISSED !!!!!!

So until our paths cross again, let me just say "GO DAWGS" :grin2::grin2:

Tommy

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Joining the “Halfback” crowd.....? Atta-Boy!

My wife and I spend a lot of time in that area in the summer (Maggie Valley) and every time I am there in the warm weather I have the same feelings about moving there full time.

Come back to visit in Feb when you need some warm again....

Reactions: Whisper Jet

·
IronMan
17,634 Posts
FAREWELL FRIEND ! DID YOU FIND / BUY HOUSE ALREADY IN GA . OR GONNA BUILD A NEW ONE ? LOTS OF BIKES ON THE MARKET :wink2:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
:frown2:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
We put our home FSBO several months back and sold it almost over night to a very nice couple from Kansas. They had to sell their house first and we worked it out that we would wait, after a very nice deposit. We're not in a hurry, so we did. They closed.

ALL OF YOU WILL BE MISSED !!!!!!
So until our paths cross again, let me just say "GO DAWGS" :grin2::grin2:

Tommy
I’m glad you got to go back home. The Kansas couple are already used to living on flat land.
I guess I should say “GO CHIEFS!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Seems like I remember reading a similar post a few years ago. I know how hard it is to get that Georgia clay out from between your toes. Good luck with your move and keep us posted on your 10-20. Look forward to seeing you up there.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Good luck and happy trails to you in your new N GA home, some really nice riding there. Gotta beat 'the villages' for riding for sure :>). I've been thinking about some property around Blairsville, but at my age, probably ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I spoke with you on some of the RTE's. Will miss seeing you. Good luck and have fun in GA.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Good luck Tommy! You met Paige and I at the corner gas station on our very first prowler RTE. You made us feel welcome and almost like family, for that we are grateful. We appreciated your kindness. Enjoy Georgia, it's a beautiful state.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Tommy. we are sorry to see you go but understand completely. Wishing you health and happiness in your future and hope to see you when we are up that way. Both my parents were from Georgia so I've got clay and sand between my toes ?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Enjoy!
My sister is in the process of having a house built in Blairesville for her retirement. She will be moving out of Gainesville, looking forward to getting out of the heat and traffic.
We are seriously looking at relocating in 2-5 years ourselves, somewhere in the Cumming area. Would like to live in an area that has seasons and not as brutal summers. On the colder days, we will enjoy sitting in front of the fireplace and enjoying life.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Lee. If you are looking at the Cumming area, you better hurry. The land is going quickly and the prices are through the roof. Now don't get me wrong, Georgia is HOT, but not the Florida steamy hot. We are in Gainesville, GA area and have lived here before. It has everything one could ever want including Lake Lanier and the mountains are less than thirty minutes north. So we are living the good life.

I'll miss everyone of my Florida friends, but Georgia is HOME !!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Thanks Lee. If you are looking at the Cumming area, you better hurry. The land is going quickly and the prices are through the roof. Now don't get me wrong, Georgia is HOT, but not the Florida steamy hot. We are in Gainesville, GA area and have lived here before. It has everything one could ever want including Lake Lanier and the mountains are less than thirty minutes north. So we are living the good life.

I'll miss everyone of my Florida friends, but Georgia is HOME !!!
Yep, Sister in law lives in Cumming and I have a summer place in Cashiers, NC. We have had the boat up at Lanier, had a place on the Lake rented for a week this past July. I like being able to be outside and not sweat like we do here.
Been watching homes and prices and have noticed prices going up. Still can get a lot of home for less than here.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Tommy we know how you feel we have been going to Daytona over 40 years .started out 1-2 weeks then the last 20 years 5 months . But we are both over 80 now and health insurance has gone crazy[.B]We might sneak down this winter for 2-3 weeks ??? One thing we will miss the prowlers and OBT and Miss Vicky at the EXMAS party never missed one . Sat with you several times.
GOOD LUCK WITH your adventure.
Your friends Jack and Anita

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Tommy, it has been a pleasure to be a friend of you and Kim. You will be truly missed!
Hal and Jane Elliott

1 - 17 of 17 Posts