GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Donny Boy,

I can't give ya a free ride on this one. The tentative, unratified deal was made today. Unless your girl has a crystal ball, well then maybe.

Merry Christmas.

Dawg

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
When I talked to her yesterday she was adamant that the strike was over. She is French Canadian by the way and I wasn't going to argue with her :) :) :(

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I remember reading early on, that Goodyear would stop paying health benefits to striking members on or about 2, Jan 2007. At that point the members would be responsible for their medical, under the provisions of COBRA.

I would bet, that it was starting to hurt the striking members pretty much in the pocket by now.

Who the real winners are in this, is uncertain to me.

Bulldog

·
Registered
73 Posts
Goodyear

I rode by the Goodyear plant in Union City, Tn. this afternoon about 4:30 pm, and they were still on strike then. I wish for everyone's benefit, that they would settle this soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not just the USW I would bet that every major Union in the United states would contribute to this effort. I know mine has been taking part in the support efforts for this strike. The issues at stake in this battle will shape negotiation with many corporation the US. The contracts that expire in the near future will be directly affected by the outcome of USW / Goodyear bargaining

750valk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts