GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that don't know, go to google.com and enter your phone number. Google will give your name and address and a map to your house. For those concerned, you can have your name and number removed. I did my folks number and it worked. I'm unlisted so it didn't work on mine.

·
Registered
195 Posts
google

I am a Virginia police officer and my entire agency had to opt out to protect their families. The world gets smaller everytime we make tech advances, and we wonder why we are losing our identity...

Ride safe.

Joe :roll:

·
Registered
21 Posts
No privacy

I was in a meeting with Scott McNealy, former CEO of Sun Microsystems. The topic of how individual privacy was eroding rapidly due to the influence of technology.

His comment was something very similar to "you have no privacy, get over it."

This attitude seems to pervade the IT industry. It's clear that no one has helped them understand that just because something is possible does not mean it should be mandatory.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just 'cause you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get ya!

·
Registered
20,946 Posts
V65
so now if some friends of your parents want to look them up it will b just a little more difficult for them

·
Registered
75 Posts
Whoopee, I'm safe. The map is off a couple of blocks. Anybody following it will wind up in a vacant lot :a13:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If friends want to look up my folks, their friends already know their number and can call and ask for directions if they need them. They have lived in the same place for 30+ years. Friends should already know where they live if they are friends.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Yep faster than the Phone Book

·
Registered
624 Posts
I went to google.com and entered ten digits. It came back as no documents matched the search. Is there a special phone number search engine for google?

·
Registered
20,946 Posts
put in my phone number with the spaces ( ### ### #### ) and it worked for me, gave my name and address, but just like GPS couldn't draw a map to my house, rural addresses in this area must not b in the system

1 - 11 of 11 Posts