GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this off MSN. Pet goose likes to fly with his friend on a motorcycle.

Dutch Kaffel cruises down his street on Wednesday, Sept. 6th, with Harley, the Canada goose he raised after finding him on the lawn of his Frankfort, Illinois, home five months before. Kaffel "flies" Harley, who prefers 35 mph, up to four miles just about everyday. Kaffel has resisted calls to take his goose to Hollywood and hopes Harley will join a flock when mating season comes next spring.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I saw some video of it some where, but my old brain does not remember , probably some one sent it to me on email or something, Great shots that I had seen

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
goose

The Goose has "imprinted" him. To see how this works (its for real) get a copy of a video called "Winged Migration", watch the video (its quite beautiful) and then watch "The Making Of......." and you will see how they did the movie and how the birds imprint. This is great stuff.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Geese are excellent marinated in some olive oil, fresh garlic and white wine. Asparagus and wild rice on the side! :eat1:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Shouldn't this be on the Harley board? :lol:

·
Registered
552 Posts
White Gold said:
Shouldn't this be on the Harley board? :lol:
Not until some winger comes along and trys to compare their gold wing to the goose. :lol:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I thought this was the Goose board !!! Dang it, screwed up again !!!! :cry:

·
Registered
713 Posts
My first Thanksgiving with my (then) future wife, her family served Goose. A bit oily, but good. Good memories - 35 years later.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Thats the movie I saw, Thanks for bringing it to our board !!! Great movie !!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Now there's no doubt...I am convinced...Harleys are for the birds! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
WB0SPL

Ever stop to wonder why a bird will NOT hook up with a Gold Wing ?? They can trust a Harley !! , Harley's are kind ! Harley's are Cool !! Harley's never bicker with Wings !!

Harley is natures way of connecting bikes and birds,

Come up on 7.195 Megs, give me a call !! 73 de KA7W

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
KA7W said:
WB0SPL

Ever stop to wonder why a bird will NOT hook up with a Gold Wing ?? They can trust a Harley !! , Harley's are kind ! Harley's are Cool !! Harley's never bicker with Wings !!

Harley is natures way of connecting bikes and birds,

Come up on 7.195 Megs, give me a call !! 73 de KA7W
Ya got a PM Tom.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I was riding on IN 37 one day and a Goose was flying in my direction at about 75' and I was going 70MPH and I was not gaining on the Goose.
I didn't know they could fly that fast.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I was a crop duster pilot for many years, Our airport was located at Echo, Oregon out in the country... One after noon I had been spraying East of Pendleton, Or. finished up and was heading home. I came upon a flock of Geese flying in formation. Throttled back and flew with them indicating about 60 MPH, I was in a black and white Ag Wagon... After a few Min's, the formation started to break up... probably because I was scooting in toward them, Within 40 feet or so. Three broke off together and I followed them... They kept watching me and then two dived out leaving one. He then broke off and dived down and I lost him.... But it was interesting just watching them fly... :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts