GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a GoPro a few mos ago. I contacted GoPro support a couple days ago via email & the response I've rec'd thus far stinks.... I read several "glowing" accounts here of their customer service from forum members & am hoping someone recalls who they spoke to; emailed with; etc., & can advise me a name; email addy; etc., to contact @ GoPro.....

I advised the black saddle/clamp that secures the case halves has become very flimsy. I did not ask for a replacement - I asked for the price of one so I could buy a replacement. I also asked for the cost of a single, wide, case back. I'd like to have another one for certain applications I use my cam for. Again, I wanted to purchase - not asking for "freebies."

After a couple days I rec'd a email reply from GoPro advising they do NOT have any backs -or- saddle/clamps ! I don't buy that explanation. I like the GoPro cam, thus far, their support sucks, big-time !

If anybody remember who @ GoPro "came to their rescue" - please advise.

TIA / Dave - Missourahhhhhhhhh

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
You might post this on the electronics board also...
good luck

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
You may want to PM Fire up from this board. He seems to be our Go Pro expert and may have a contact.
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
For $40 you could get a whole new housing which will provide the back and clip (and shoe and lens cover).

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-HERO-standard-replacement-housing/dp/B0014F9H4U/ref=sr_1_33?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1308179936&sr=1-33[/ame]

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Dave,
There were a lot of GoPro housings on Ebay a couple of days ago. Seems like they were in the $30 - $40 range. They may have just the backs too.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will try a couple tips offered here........ I did rec' a answer while ago to my remarks to GoPro...... they advise (my interpretation) - "there's nothing wrong with our products - we make them to last." Well, that certainly makes me feel better ! ;)

Guess I'm the FIRST GoPro customer to ever have a problem with one of their cameras........ just my luck !

·
Registered
709 Posts
The housing is sold only as a complete set, which is priced fair enough. You get both backs when you order the housing.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dookoo.... not arguing.... GoPro could've easily advised just that...... the answer I got from them was they had NO backs, period, to sell.......

I offered to buy - wasn't asking for handouts......

·
Registered
702 Posts
DW...
Which back do you need? I'd be happy to send you one (free) if it would help you. I have some extras and might have what you need.
Let me know...

AG GL

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Free Is Good !

AG GL

I'm looking for a single, waterproof back for the GoPro (that will accomodate the BacPac/LCD Viewfinder). It's the wider/deeper back, as-opposed to the standard back that comes w/the cam.

If you're looking for an argument in offering it to me for free - you're NOT going to get one ! That's very generous of you. I'll be glad to send you something via return mail to compensate you.

I've browsed several pages on eBay. A couple camera cases are shown, the description says they're the WIDE cases - but, the pics depict the standard case that will not accomodate the BacPac ! Thus, I'm leery to order one of those out.

If mailing USPS my addy : DW Taylor - PO Box 12 - Farmington, MO. 63640-0012

If mailing UPS : DW Taylor - 111 E. Liberty St. - Farmington, MO. 63640

Thank you, sir !

adios - Dave / Missoureeeeeeeeeeeee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts