·
Registered
1,511 Posts
On the top of my helmet. Hero 7 Black.

Reactions: laen and Hoopdc

·
Registered
126 Posts
I also mounted mine on top of the helmet. I used super velcro so I can move the camera from one helmet to another. Have been using mine this way for 3 years, no problems.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Different camera but the same style mount GoPro uses:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
GoldStrike has GoPro Mounts that mount under the mirror housing. I have one on either side and control it with the wrist remote

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use the flexible gorilla mount clamped at the base of the Garmin Zumo mount. I use Zumo as the remote for the camera. I also mount on top of my helmet but did not like it much. Sharing last ride in the rain..

·
Registered
249 Posts
My solution ;-)
Excellent, I like this one. It also has the benefit of being close to the power outlet and I can power my Virb.
I've tried the helmet mounts and they work fine, but the batteries don't last very long. On a 1,000 mile trip it becomes a pain. I guess I can look into to the remote app for my phone, but that's tough to operate while moving. (ATGATT...and touch controls with gloves on. My gloves work, but hit or miss.)

Thanks for the idea. I didn't want to stick something on a painted surface.

Reactions: thebroz

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
maxthrust, I had my 12000 mah battery pack plugged in to my GoPro Hero 7 Black for my 5 day bike trip. It was in a neoprene sleeve attached to the exterior of the bike. It charged on & off for 3 days straight (9 hr days) before it needed recharging! That is the ONLY way to go with long video shots! You will be swapping batteries out every 2 hours otherwise! Not easy & a pain in the arse!

·
Vendor
118 Posts
For those of you that use GoPros, have you found a good location to mount the camera on the 2018 DCT Tour?

Thanks
Hi there!

Never miss the perfect shot again with the Goldstrike™ Camera Mount! It can be used to mount any camera that uses the GoPro® style mounting. The Camera Mount holds the camera secure while still allowing a great degree of adjustment. NOTE: The camera mount can be installed under either the left or right mirrors giving a great perspective on your ride.

https://goldstrike3d.com/products/goldstrike-action-camera-mount

Thank you!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts