GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it. I had fully planned on getting a new model. Nothing wrong with the new ones, but after riding a couple I just wasn't "blown away" like some people were. So I weighed the pros, cons and prices and ended up doing something I never planned and never crossed my mind: I purchased a left-over 2017! God willing, I have plenty of riding years left and, darnit, I want a BIG BIKE!

I've seen pictures of these but they never really did it as much justice as seeing it in person. So as of about 45 minutes ago, this is my new bike. I have a bunch of stuff being installed and I'm going on a business trip so I expect to go pick it up on July 27.

The GL1833 is pretty nice too. But not for that much more money.

Cheapest deal OTD? Probably not. But the ABS models are scarce so I snapped it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2nd favorite color combo. Congrats! :wink2:
I really like yours too - has some GOLD on it. I couldn't find an ABS one - at least for a good price.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, I'm keeping my Gold 2006 too. At least for a while. I can't give it up.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Jealous here.
:serious:
I thought about buying a left over 2017 Air Bag; but by the time I'd managed to rationalize the purchase, there weren't any left. So at 39K I'm probably going to be stuck with the one I have now, for the next 200K+ miles.
:frown2:

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,371 Posts
Well, I did it. I had fully planned on getting a new model. Nothing wrong with the new ones, but after riding a couple I just wasn't "blown away" like some people were. So I weighed the pros, cons and prices and ended up doing something I never planned and never crossed my mind: I purchased a left-over 2017! God willing, I have plenty of riding years left and, darnit, I want a BIG BIKE!

I've seen pictures of these but they never really did it as much justice as seeing it in person. So as of about 45 minutes ago, this is my new bike. I have a bunch of stuff being installed and I'm going on a business trip so I expect to go pick it up on July 27.

The GL1833 is pretty nice too. But not for that much more money.

Cheapest deal OTD? Probably not. But the ABS models are scarce so I snapped it up.
Congrats on the new Wildcat Blue wing! She’s purty! :grin2:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Beautiful blue and black combo!
Level 3 2017 with ABS and all the options, and a stick shift too.
Great choice.
And they are becoming a very hard to find model lately.

I have to admit, it has been interesting over the last few months watching you wrestle with your decision about going with a new 2020 Wing or stick with the tried and true classic model.
I believe you made the right choice.

I have a friend that bought the new model, then returned it the very next day for a 2016 new old stock Wing.
He also is very happy now.

May you ride off into your future retirement with the wind at your back and a big smile on your face.
Jefro.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Congratulations and excellent choice on color. If I hadn't bought my black/charcoal in '16 I would of jumped on the black/blue combo a year later. I had a sneaky feeling you were gonna stick with the full size Wing instead one of those new mini Wings. Enjoy!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Very nice indeed congrats

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Congratulations William on the brandnew 2017 !
The last of the great GL1800’s !
The new model will be around for many years if you ever decide you want one.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts