GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went over to Bergers in Waco today and got 14000 on a trade in on my 03 candy red [ in frame recall ]. got a 04 white and smiled all the way home.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is not to burst your bubble or to diminish your enthusiasm.

Keep in mind that trade-in amounts are a bit deceiving. The "real" cost is figured on the difference between a trade-in and the price you paid for the new bike. For example, there are many Internet dealers where you can get an unbelievably low price on a new '04. You'd gete squat for your trade from those dealers. However, your actual "cost" could be lower.

If you feel like you got a good deal, good for you. And congrats on the new ride. 8)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Brian,

If you are happy with the deal, that is all that matters. I surely would like an 04 over my 01, but I am not quite ready to trade up just yet. I still have more chrome to put on the 01 before I sell out.

I studied economics in school, and I learned well. "Buy high, Sell low" that way everyone will be happy...LOL

Good luck with the new Kelvinator, and get as many (S)miles as you can out of it.

Bulldog

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade to an 04.

Although I believe the color Titanium is faster.

;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Bulldog wrote
I surely would like an 04 over my 01, but I am not quite ready to trade up just yet. I still have more chrome to put on the 01 before I sell out.
I hear you BD im gonna drive my 01 till its got at least a 100k on it. Since I bought it I've doubled the mileage the original owner had put on it in 31 months, I've had it for just over 4 months.He had only put a little over 5000 miles on it i'm about to hit 12,000.So i Figure im good least till the 05's come out.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Congrats Brian. :capwin: I've been avoiding going into my dealer, or any dealer for that matter, cause I know that when I see that Black Cherry, I'll be wanting to do the same thing.

Enjoy your new ride. :D :D

·
Registered
994 Posts
pasadenajim said:
This is not to burst your bubble or to diminish your enthusiasm.

Keep in mind that trade-in amounts are a bit deceiving. The "real" cost is figured on the difference between a trade-in and the price you paid for the new bike. For example, there are many Internet dealers where you can get an unbelievably low price on a new '04. You'd gete squat for your trade from those dealers. However, your actual "cost" could be lower.

If you feel like you got a good deal, good for you. And congrats on the new ride. 8)

Congradulation - think you will enjoy the 04 and its small improvements.

Pasadenjim - something else to take into consideration - at least here in Ohio - is the sales tax. In Ohio the sales tax is calculated on the balance of the sale so 14000 at 6% is a savings of $840. Just some thing else to consider when selling your bike/car outright.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If anybody REALLY wants the straight skinny, Illusion Blue is definitely the fastest (just ask me-LOL). :lol: :D

G

·
0 Posts
Congrats Brian, looking forward to seeing your new ride in Marble Falls.

Illusion Red is still the fastest!
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
469 Posts
White 04

Hey Brian, Good on ya Bro. I hope you & yer lovely wife are very happy with yer new Wing. It'll be ah pleasure ta see ya'll at Marble Falls.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts