GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy did I get lucky. My nieghbor had a Suzuki Dr 250. He has been wanting to buy my utility trailer. Since my son got his dirt bike, he now has his go kart to sale as well. So I just did an even swap with him. The trailer was 5 x 14. I used to use it for my ATV's. Now I just have to go out and buy a small trailer for Cole's bike and mine.
The bike is in perfect shape. Has 2k miles on it. I need to go through it and tune everything up, but I really lucked out. There isnt very many of these around here for sale. It will be perfect for Cole and I running around in the woods, plus I can jump on the street if I want too as well.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Good news, YOu two should have some real fun now...

NOW POST SOME PICTURES :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Toyo said:
Boy did I get lucky. My nieghbor had a Suzuki Dr 250. He has been wanting to buy my utility trailer. Since my son got his dirt bike, he now has his go kart to sale as well. So I just did an even swap with him. The trailer was 5 x 14. I used to use it for my ATV's. Now I just have to go out and buy a small trailer for Cole's bike and mine.
The bike is in perfect shape. Has 2k miles on it. I need to go through it and tune everything up, but I really lucked out. There isnt very many of these around here for sale. It will be perfect for Cole and I running around in the woods, plus I can jump on the street if I want too as well.
Way to go Toyo,
That common interest and involvement will pay off big with your son. I hope ya'll have a blast. T. 8)

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Now you can explore some of them dirt roads up there in the hills. That will be fun.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Best thing you could have done for your son, Toyo................give him quality time with DAD.

Good on ya.

Bob E.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
TOYO
There are some great dirt roads up here around tellico plains.

·
Registered
609 Posts
George,
That picture of a free cat,does that replace the Alabama Steak :?: :D
edmund

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Toyo,

Congratulations!
Great bike.
I've been fighting the urge to buy a DRZ400 to ride mostly in north GA/NC fire roads. I'm going to wait a few years 'til my 4yr old girl and 2 yr old boy are ready/wanting to ride.
I miss riding dirt/off road, I grew up riding all day in MA state forest/fire roads through grade school. Riding dirt/off road really builds your skills/reflexes but gets you using that rear brake.
Have fun,
Lets ride or wings sometime,

Steve

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is one of the biggest things I am looking forward too. Heading up into N Ga and just hitting a dirt road. While we are up there riding I pass all kinds of roads I wish I could pull onto too. Now I guess I can.

This bike has a system like a jake brake. When you are going down a hill you pull a lever in and it releases the engine compression, works pretty neat. What are these called on bikes?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have ridden bikes with compression releases to help start them but I haven't ridden one with a compression brake. Or were you kidding?

·
Registered
126 Posts
toyo i think that compession release is for clearing the engine when you stall it they have been putting them on 4stroke dirt bikes for years.i dont know if using it on a running engine is good for it but i would not use the one on my xr400r honda for a brake. you might want to run that by a dealer to make sure you dont damage it.xx

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am thinking its made to use while riding. The handle is just like clutch or brake handle only a little smaller. I need to call the dealer tommorow and ask them if I can even get parts for this thing anymore. Its a 1990.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sounds like a great deal ! My Son-in-law has a DR250 , Good runing bike . I have an '85 XR250 , we have a lot of fun riding back roads and trails . Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I used to have a Suzuki 185 with a compression release.Used it for braking all the time worked great.When my son was growing up I bought him a TRX 125 4 wheeler and i had and still have a TRX 200 ,had a lot of good times together.Enjoy the time together while you can.When he turns 16 and starts driving he wont have much time for dear old dad. :(

·
Registered
287 Posts
Should be able to get parts , I Have no problem getting parts for my '85 Honda , and my ' 74 Bultaco .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts