GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded to an 1800 from a 1500.

An 05, CBC ABS with 2000 miles on it!!!

Do I go with the tire pressure as per the owners manual for the stock tires? 36 F, 41 R

I ran 41F, 42R on my 880 Metzelers on my 1500

Obscure question re luggage racks....
New bike has a billet type that I don't like. Are the foot prints or shall I say installation hole locations the same for different racks. I prefer the simpler, lighter style rack

Does a spoiler fit under all luggage racks?

Where's the best place to buy a CB and antenna?

Are the workshop manuals the same from 01 to 05?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't think the holes are the same between those racks. Unless you have the same color bike and want to trade trunk lids? Mine is yellow and I have the Honda rack, no spoiler, and would also like the billet rack. I also would trade if you have yellow!

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
gopdebeek said:
Just upgraded to an 1800 from a 1500.

An 05, CBC ABS with 2000 miles on it!!!

Do I go with the tire pressure as per the owners manual for the stock tires? 36 F, 41 R

This works good

Obscure question re luggage racks....
New bike has a billet type that I don't like. Are the foot prints or shall I say installation hole locations the same for different racks. I prefer the simpler, lighter style rack

[quote:l0r7vxpj]Where's the best place to buy a CB and antenna?
wait untill HAL has a 10% off sale or he will match prices!!

[/quote:l0r7vxpj]

pretty much you have lighted switches on the handlebars & a vent in the windshield

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
gopdebeek said:

I run the 41/42 in my Metz and get about 17,000 miles with them.

Not sure about the hole locations, but if you give it a while the billet rack will grow on you!

Depends on the rack installation. I usually recommend the spoiler be installed first (installation templates for some new racks leave a lot to be desired). You may need to add "Star Washers" to get the needed clearance. Also, as I recall, Honda says the spoiler will not work with the OEM rack; I have the Kury billet style.

Where's the best place to buy a CB and antenna?
I found the best prices at www.hondadirectline.com (or click on the large logo at the top of this page). Also check ebay, sometimes you can find a good price there.

Manuals should be fairly close, I don't think Honda made any major changes '01 - '05.

Good Luck and enjoy the new bike! :wink:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
You got answers above, good info. In the case of the rack, the one that does NOT fit with a spoiler is the Honda OEM rack. Sits too low. And the footprints of the racks are different for each of several brands.

Manuals are three different brands, and the Hondaline that is either a paper or a CD version. The Honda paper (3" thick binder) and the 2 CD version work pretty well. The CD version also includes the Owners Manual, Service Manual, Parts Manual, and Electrical Troubleshooters Manual, and some videos on specialized repair work. One version covers 01-05, a second version covers 06. Another common source for Wing repairs is Fred Harmons DVDs. They are under Angelride Enterprises.

For information, I think the Honda CD is really good, and for procedures Freds DVDs take the mystery out of the beast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.