GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ask any way. I bought a plug for the trunk of a GW by mistake (ebay) and I was wanting the one for the pocket, my question is this: what would I need the plug in the trunk for? I cant seem to come up with a use for it, so any help would be appreciated

Thanks

JB

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
You can use it to charge a cell phone or batteries for your camera or other charger. You could also use if for a 12v drop light. some people run their iPods from the trunk via a remote and you could power the ipod (from there) or perhaps your expresso machine?

·
Registered
547 Posts
From what I understand, a plug in the trunk is typically used for a cell phone charger or a small compressor.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I installed one each this past weekend. The one in the trunk is on all the time. I plan to use it to charge cellphones and my xm2go or power any other DC device without having to have the key on. That way I can lock the cellphone in the trunk and feel somewhat at ease leaving it. As you are likely aware the one in the pocket is on with the key. Since the pocket on my bike doesn't lock, I would have to be riding or standing with the bike either running or in aux to use the cellphone charger. I also don't want to leave the phone in an unlocked pocket. I think there is a use for both.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Charging a cell phone in the trunk while you're on the road? Charging your laptop computer? (use a small inverter) Recharging AA batteries for your camera? Lots of things!

My front pocket outlet runs my mp3 or XM radio (low current). For the outlet in my trunk I ran larger wire and can run my air compressor without blowing a fuse.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, that makes sense to use in those ways, just never thought about it

Thanks again

JB :D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
JB said:
Thanks guys, that makes sense to use in those ways, just never thought about it

Thanks again

JB :D
Make sure you check positioning before you drill, so all the wires will clear .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts