GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
...so you don't have to wear boots like that?

View attachment 365137
lol. I just learned to put my left foot down only at stops and use my right foot to stop the bikes last few feet of travel with the rear brake only, no front brake at all to prevent dumping the bike. My right foot always covers the rear brake and I tap it intermittently to catch drivers attention as they approach.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Interesting that your feet no longer sit flat but your arms are more relaxed (bent at the elbow). Seems like an overall win.
I agree. I love the seating position. I don't feel that the bike is too high. It's just a little different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone have an RDL seat with their backrest or a Utopia backrest? I'm planning to order the RDL, but trying to determine if I should order their backrest or keep the Utopia.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Does anyone have an RDL seat with their backrest or a Utopia backrest? I'm planning to order the RDL, but trying to determine if I should order their backrest or keep the Utopia.
If your not moving the seat back, the utopia will work. I moved mine back, so you have to go with there BR. I could have used my OEM backrest if I didn’t move it back. Moving it back hasn’t bothered my wife, she did say a larger person it might be a problem. It does save a decent amount of money using your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine was done during the Christmas/New Year holiday so they had some time off, but I would say within a couple weeks of your start date, plus days for shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
How long was the turnaround time once you sent your stock seat in?
I also had mine done over the holidays so it may be about a week longer than normal. it was about 3 weeks from build day to it being back on my bike

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Interesting that your feet no longer sit flat but your arms are more relaxed (bent at the elbow). Seems like an overall win.
Here, I would guess the pic is misleading cause raising a seat height would not cause your arms to be closer to the handlebars with bent elbows; furthermore, I would guess the pic are more indicative of the shoulder rotational/position to reach the handlebars.

A higher seat would cause one to have to lean forward more. If you lean forward more, maybe then you could speculate that your elbows would rest at a greater angle.

Hey, if I am not making any sense don't worry, my girlfriend would agree with you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is the RDL seat available with an adjustable back rest for the front seat? If so, how much more $$$ is it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree. I love the seating position. I don't feel that the bike is too high. It's just a little different.
After looking closely at the pics, it appears that your seating position is a little further forward. Does it feel that way to you?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
After looking closely at the pics, it appears that your seating position is a little further forward. Does it feel that way to you?
It’s not really noticeable to me yet. When the weather breaks here in Ohio and I go for my first two up ride I should be able to tell.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Is the RDL seat available with an adjustable back rest for the front seat? If so, how much more $$$ is it?
They can do almost anything you want. the web site says the custom backrest it’s an extra $325.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts