GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know lots people already posted on this..but here goes. I got bike back from dealer today. I could tell a difference in low range rpms seemed smoother. Mine had never overheated but got close a couple times.If nothing else I Got free antifreeze change. I would recomend it if your sitting on the fence.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Ron,

I believe in the ECM change. I am not sure that it is good for the bike long term, as that is more technical than I am.

I just hope to get it out this summer and never see the gauge go above middle. Even if Honda figured a way to never let it go above the middle.

Bulldog

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had my frame reweld and ECM done earlier this week. Mine never overheated either. I notice a very slight difference in low end power or torque, the idle seems to fluctuate just a little (but you know how you pay attention to detail after a repair). The shifting is definitely smoother, both up and down so I recommend the ECM change at this point. I have not ridden enough to report on the mileage difference if any.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.