GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know eBay is full of scams but I actually found a good deal last weekend. A Honda dealer had a auction for 11 sets of the chrome lower cowl. The piece that goes from the front cowl back to the exhaust below the motor. I have always liked the look of the chrome front cowl but thought the lower cowling needed to be chrome as well but I didn't like the price of those $450 retail from Honda. To make a long story short I got a pair for only $112.01. And yes I actually got them yesterday and installed them last night and they sure look good. So watch eBay, you never know when you just might get lucky.

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
Be careful and don't scrape the chrome off! :(

Thanks for the heads up. There are some deals to be found on E Bay if you take the time and don't get excited when you are bidding.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
I ended up with a pair of new silver ones that were taken off by the dealer for $29 on Friday.

I'm happy also.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
how come the dealers arround me want like $29 for each bolt i ask about. no deals here.

one wanted $22 for a shadow spirit muffler clamp last week.

i must be hanging with the wrong dealers.

ebay sellers--the vast majority are very good, of course there are scams with any operation where that type of money is floating arround.

loren

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
mrgl02 said:
I ended up with a pair of new silver ones that were taken off by the dealer for $29 on Friday.

I'm happy also.
This was on eBay, Loren. I didn't really make that clear. My local dealer charges list price (MSRP) PLUS a 20% markup on top of that.

Sorry to say it, but hey don't see a lot of my buisiness.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
sometimes ebay does toss a bargain a persons way.

my harley buddy just got cruiser pegs on saturday. of course he needed to also buy the mount seperately and then also buy the bolts seperately.

turns out the pair cost $ 22 from the dealer , just for the bolts.

sounds like the honda dealer and the harley dealer are useing the sajme system in my area.

loren

1 - 6 of 6 Posts