GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DELIGHTFUL: ...be the only way to describe riding this 2019 Tour.

What drone?
What uncomfortable seat?
What suspension problem?
What wind protection deficiency?

...like butter!!

Though: I must tell ya: that idea of a TPM that only gives you one tire at a time was quickly replaced by a Headhawk TPM I had on my RT that shows real time PSI.

I am having a hard time getting that carplay thingie going. I have iPhone SE which may be incompatible. Though it does have OS 13 so it is beyond 10 (the min required by the OwnerManual)

Eventually, the trunk is coming off followed by a tail rack, a GarminVI on the handlebar, Fog-lights and maybe some of them Goldstrike tail lights.

good to go!

Thanks to all the folks for answering my dumb questions prior to getting what is now my 3rd Wing

Attachments

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
DELIGHTFUL: ...be the only way to describe riding this 2019 Tour.

What drone?
What uncomfortable seat?
What suspension problem?
What wind protection deficiency?

...like butter!!

Though: I must tell ya: that idea of a TPM that only gives you one tire at a time was quickly replaced by a Headhawk TPM I had on my RT that shows real time PSI.

I am having a hard time getting that carplay thingie going. I have iPhone SE which may be incompatible. Though it does have OS 13 so it is beyond 10 (the min required by the OwnerManual)

Eventually, the trunk is coming off followed by a tail rack, a GarminVI on the handlebar, Fog-lights and maybe some of them Goldstrike tail lights.

good to go!

Thanks to all the folks for answering my dumb questions prior to getting what is now my 3rd Wing
Congrats & enjoy.....

Is that a kids booster seat in the back? :laugh:

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Its so smooth, more so than the K16…or maybe about the same.
I still find myself trying to grab the non-existent clutch lever when I come to stop…dude! Like we are in auto mode…

I have an old iPhone SE which I finally hooked up to ‘Carplay’. The only thing I am gonna use that thing for is to boot up Waze and make/receive phone calls. The GPS is worthless. I don’t listen to the radio, nor to music so I be trying to figure out how to take the speakers and amp out. I will put the Garmin VI from the RT on this Wing’s handlebar.

The suspension is the bomb. You can’t feel anything on the handlebars because the suspension absorbs all the shock. Quite comfy.

Below 3k rpm is doing 80mph. The RT is a ‘rattle-box’ compared to this bike—especially on the Hwy. It sits-on-the-road quite firmly. I think that 200 rear tire might make it a little more heavy to fling on the turn than the older Wings, but it provides a great deal more stability.

A little windy, but tolerable. I installed a Laminar Lip this pm and will see how it improves the windage.
If I raise the shield up so as I have to look through it, then it works really well.

I also installed my Headhawk TPM. I plan on putting ‘Ride-On’ in the tire and that will probably ruin the Honda TPM anyways, cause I hear this is the only bike whose TPM is not sealed from moisture/water/whatever…is not coated like the beemers.

Eventually I ‘ll take the trunk off for HI and back on for the USA. I ‘ll need a set of fog-lights, maybe some more tail light. I kept the P3 Skene tail-lights from the Beemer so I can use those.

Can't wait to hit the mainland roads this coming Summer.

NO KIDS ALLOWED Brian! Would you believe is a little bag with stuff?: rain gear, portable air pump, ties, air gauges, phone charging wires.

Reactions: Brian_Fenner

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
congrats brother! be prepared for miles of smiles every time you jump on that baby. PM me if you need help with carplay. there are tons of threads on it here.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Agree with the first two, but you did get the color wrong. Blue. Blue, I tell you.
:agree: enjoy your new GW! Ride it like ya stole it!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I Like These

Goldstrike makes good stuff but so does Lewis at EC. I am considering the extra tail lights you see in the link. The link is for another item but shows the lights I am speaking of. I don't think they are shipping yet but you can call Lewis and ask him for sure.

I also have the Honda trunk rack with light installed. Can't have too many lights on the back to get the attention (hopefully) of the texting 17 year old!

https://electricalconnection.com/index.php/product/honda-goldwing-tour-rear-led-reflector-light-kit/

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Congrats! Buying a new motorcycle is always exciting.

p.s. I've never heard anyone describe riding a motorcycle as "delightful". Enjoy the ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Glad you got done waiting... :D this is also my 3rd 'Wing...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Your iPhone should work. I have an old iPhone 6s and it works. CarPlay is finicky. I've found that if you wait until your headsets are connected and music is playing though them then plug your phone in it will work. You must have a newer model Sena or Cardo too. I started out with Cardo G9X and they did not work so I purchased Cardo Pack Talk Bold and all is good now.
Hope this helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts