GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bunkhouse arrived today! I got it assembled. This weekend I'll wire the bike and take a test ride.
My wife and I look forward to the gathering. We will stay 2 nights in the hotel and two more in the bunkhouse.
We are excited about taking some trips, camping if we feel like it and staying in a hotel when we want.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rich!

Bulldog, Haven't you heard. EVERYONE in Texas is rich!! We each own several oil wells.
If my Wing had one more seat I would have a chauffeur to drive us around.
I may change my name from stapler to texas-tycoon!

PS- I am really just a poor old insurance man.

Mike

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reminder on wetting the camper down. I did that today. I will treat it tomorrow.
I bought Camp Dry to use but a friend told me today that he had not had good luck with that brand.
Any suggestions?
As for having the trailer shipped, since Chicago is not having good cycle riding weather right now I thought 123.00 for shipping was a bargain (all the way to Paris, texas).

·
Registered
513 Posts
Aspen Classic wicks rain in, gets on bed cloths

That Bunkhouse looks very similar to our Aspen Classic.

Last year we hit a lot of rain in the North East. (First year for our new trailer). We really enjoyed it but, our mattress and blankets got wet from touching the sides of the tenting. I'd like to waterproof the sides this year with something. I had a thought that if I were to use a King Size, ridged walled waterbed liner it would go up on the sides about eight or so inches. I would use velcro to attach it to the tenting material, and of course I would cut the bottom (foot of the bed) out.

Does anyone of you have any suggestion on this issue? Anything on waterproofing?

Bryansong

G

·
I would be very careful about stitching anything to the tent material . You could contact Aspen and see what they recommend . Personally I would think that you could use Scotch Guard Spray and if you want the seams water tight you could use seam sealer . Go to your local Outdoor Store where they specialize in Hiking and camping stuff, usually they have a pile of products that work . :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.