GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,

My wife Vickie and I bought our first Goldwing yesterday. We've been riding our 2003 VTX 1800 R and love it and the people we've met riding and here on these message boards. We bought a new 2006 black one with the Nav package. I've heard the Goldwings handle great and now I know. I was a little concerned about the "fixed faring" and how that would feel but it seems not to be an issue. We live in the North East Georgia area, Clermont and love this area. Any advice for the newbie "wingding" will be appreciated and we look forward to getting to know y'all! Steve And Vickie(kbear)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Congrats

You'll get to really love this machine, hope you have many hours/days/months/years of great riding ahead. I just got back from Afghanistan and am fixing to go out and reinstall my battery and ride my "new" 06, four months...it's been a long time. And now I can have as much fun as you.
Enjoy,
Dennis

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
heartscrub said:
Hey y'all,

My wife Vickie and I bought our first Goldwing yesterday. We've been riding our 2003 VTX 1800 R and love it and the people we've met riding and here on these message boards. We bought a new 2006 black one with the Nav package. I've heard the Goldwings handle great and now I know. I was a little concerned about the "fixed faring" and how that would feel but it seems not to be an issue. We live in the North East Georgia area, Clermont and love this area. Any advice for the newbie "wingding" will be appreciated and we look forward to getting to know y'all! Steve And Vickie(kbear)
Hi Heartscrub,
It sounds like you have the same bike that I do, thats good because black is not only the quickest but also the best look'in. The more you ride it the better you'll like it. As for advice or tips: You have already done one excellent thing by joining GL 1800 riders. There is a wealth of information here on virtually any thing you would want to know about your new Wing. Most members are very helpful with only a few who try to stir things up. Congrats on your new Wing, you won't regret it they are awesome. T. 8)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock: 8)

More Georgia folks!!
Welcome and congrats on the upgrade to comfort, now ya gotta get together with ABB/Toyo and all the other Georgia folks to ride and gather data. :wink:
Make sure Vickie stays comfortable and warm, live will be great and watch for the bug guts on that smile. 8)

:flg:

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Welcome to the party that doesn't stop. There are a great buch of folks here. Enjoy the new ride.

Bartman

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
WELCOME!!!

Black is the best...enjoy the smiles... :yes:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yup black is best!. Go ride your new wing to Jekyl Island, GA. Wonderfull place and very scenic.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I just got back from a nice romp in your neighborhood. NE Georgia and a goldwing are a match made in heaven. I know what you mean about the fairing. I had never had one or even a windshield. When I took the test ride in 2002 I felt like I was sitting in front of a mighty Wurlitzer Organ. A few miles down the road and I could hear the music. :D

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! I hope to pick mine up today!

I'm getting a black 2006 with Nav myslef. :D

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Welcome to the board and the world of wings.

You live in my neck of the woods, as I'm in Brevard NC. Northern GA, western NC, eastern TN and Upstate SC are some of the best riding around. All these areas are an easy days ride for you. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Welcome from Jackson Center America
I bought my first wing in May. 2002 with 11,027 miles. Best motorcycle I have ever owned. I can remeber when I swore I would never own one.
Rode Kawaskis for 30+ years. This beats the heck out of my old Voyager 1200

1 - 15 of 15 Posts