GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went and got that VTX1800 I was talking about. VTX1800F Spec 3 in Tribal Silver. It's not a GL1800, but it sure is a lot of fun. It's got great power, LOADS of torque, and it just looks great. Flew all the way to Chatanooga, TN to pick it up, and rode it 880 miles back home to NY. It was a great experience, and I'd do it all over again if I had to. I'm glad I finally have a cruiser and I don't think I'm going to have another sportbike for a long time. I've done some group rides, and on Oct. 1st there is a VTX get-together in Port Jervis, so I think I will be attending that. I hope you guys get to see it at Cats-cade. I will be there again this year with something a bit more appropriate :lol: And special thanks to Bulldog for steering me in the right direction. Without your help I'd be riding another sportbike. He swears he didn't push me to buy the bike, but he knew what he was doing when he planted the VTX seed in my head :lol:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Congrats, Dan. That's a sharp looking ride.

Dep

·
Registered
707 Posts
Dan

Bought new VTX1800C in Nov. 03. Added V&H Big Shots and 26,000 miles of trouble free cruisin'. Everything perfect except the size of my prostate. Trade it in on Wing in June '06. The man buying my X is getting a great bike. Good luck with yours (bike).

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Congrats, Hmmmmmmm. Bulldog gonna get to sell some more tires. I love my x but only get about 5000-6000 out of the tires. but that may be my riding style. Is a fun bike enjoy.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I HAD A 97 VALK I MADE A FEW MODIFACATIONS TO IT AND IT WAS RUNNING 12 SEC IN THE QUARTER MILE AT A MILE ABOVE SEA LEVEL.
TRADED IT IN ON A VTX 1800 R 2002. MADE A FEW MODS. DINO AT 95 HP. RODE IT OUT TO STURGUS LAST YEAR .
IT WAS EATIN HARLEYS AND S--TIN YAMAHAS.
TRADED IT IN ON A GL1800 AND I STILL AM EATIN HARLEYS AND SH--IN YAMAHA

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bulldog said:
Push? Who me?...LOL

Dawg
Ok...... Shove!

Didn't have to push too hard to convince me to buy it :D

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Nice bike. My next door neighbor just bought a VTX....black. After I bought my wing in July he kept coming over and checking it out and we'd talk about it and I'd say..."why don't you get one" and he would always say "no I'm a cruiser not a tourer". So bout two weeks ago he got his VTX. So now I say "cool neighbor.....let's ride" !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts