GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone. I just got home with my new Goldwing GL1800ABS, It has 2 miles on it and I have 6" of snow & ice outside (had to bring it home on the trailer). I have been lurkin around for some time and have learned a lot from those who already ride this awesome machine. As a matter of fact I cancelled my original deal and re-negotiated for an ABS model based on info from the folks on this forum. Thanks! I know I won't regret it. I hope I can be helpfull to you, down the road. Anyway, I am official now, and can't wait for warmer weather to put it on the road.

Ronnie

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
since we cant ride, its a good time to hang some stuff on it so you can be even more comfy

get busy

loren

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Congratulations Ron, sorry you can't spend your official first day riding your new Wing like I'm certain you would like to be. Hope the weather improves soon that you can be out enjoying in as it is indeed a fantastic motorcycle that will be better than you can even now imagine. Ride it for a while too, before you start ordering all the accessories to really decide for yourself what you want and need. Right now it's easy to just drool over all the things to buy and add, but do it after you have a few days and weeks on some rides and then you'll have a better feel for what you really want.

Enjoy and safe riding!!

DaleC

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Congrats Ronnie, you should be positively a mess by the time you get in the saddle, probably be making that vroom vroom noise as you gaze on your new beauty and then look out the window......but when the time comes...RIDE-RIDE-RIDE!

In Sunny AZ where daily riding is a common occurence :D

:yw1:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Now if you like you could send it to CA, and I could make sure that it is properly broke in for you by spring. What a bargin huh?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Oh, Alpster...You're in for a DELICIOUS spring. Just twist that throttle....uhhhh......I gotta go.

CONGRATULATIONS

·
Registered
824 Posts
Atta boy Ronnie! Now watch out for those :pig1: in :cop2:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ronnie: CONGRATULATIONS you will love it and the ABS is worth every penny. Bring it down to Florida, it's perfect riding weather right now. Maybe it's time to start planning a March trip for Bike Week!

·
Registered
21 Posts
New Bike

I'm sure you wil enjoy it, we all do. I'm sorry that you had to get something other than the best color, because they only made that color in 02, :p and my wife thinks I'm the only one with it. She also thinks I'm crazy for liking that color :cry:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Me too Ronnie

I got my GL1800ABS today Ronnie. I put 55 miles on it riding
along the ocean. You can see where I live. Like the man
said bring it to Florida for bike week, Feb 26--Mar.6, and break
her in.
Mine is the new red color, color of a tomato.
Looking for a name.

Hey Bandit, talk nice about my brothers.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Congrats!

riding here in Az is a regular deal. A bit of rain the last few days though.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
A whole lot of you guys got your bikes today. Honda have a special, like 0% financing or something.

Congratulations to all of you and welcome to the board.

Get as many (S)miles out of her as you can squeeze in.

Bulldog

·
Registered
605 Posts
Good move Ronnie!! So where are the pictures. Enjoy...Enjoy...Enjoy and LETS JUST RIDE

dICK

·
Registered
480 Posts
I am jealous I don’t get to pick my CANDY APPLE RED until next weekend. :D :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts